PREFACE - the accident

"Ugh, can't you stop being so narcissist? The world doesn't revolve around you!" Haeyoung screams, rolling her eyes and looking fed up with Jinyoung.

He steps back, hurt because he's never thought the world revolved around him, he has always wanted to disappear from the world, but everyone thinks the opposite. Everyone thinks he's just a drama queen, screaming for attention. No one believes how he feels, no one listens to his thoughts or tries to understand him.

Not even his family.

Jinyoung doesn't remember why he's fighting with his sister, again, why she's shouting at him. It could be for what happened on her birthday, or any other day. She is always annoyed at him.

"Do you have to make a scene wherever you go so everyone notices you? Why do you need everyone to look at you?!" She continues, even when Jinyoung doesn't answer. He does not know what to say. His mind started to slip away when she started to make no sense.

He is barely listening to what she's saying, her screams and all the fuss she is making. He knows their parents are around, but they probably don't care about what's happening.

"Why don't you die once and for all? Do it properly and kill yourself!" Haeyoung screams, so loud her voice breaks and Jinyoung snaps, her words cutting through him and leaving him open.

"Haeyoung!" Their mother screams, her hurried steps resonate as she approaches them, immediately grabbing Haeyoung's hand to shake her. "Don't say that!"

"Why not?! He's always saying how much he wants to die and when he tries, he fails. I'm just telling him to do a better job!"

"You don't mean that!" Their mother shouts back.

"I do! I'm tired of him always making a scene, always stealing the attention, always making it all about him, him, him. Go and kill yourself!" Haeyoung screams, glaring at Jinyoung with so much resentment he doesn't understand.

Their mother slaps Haeyoung, so hard she ends up looking in another direction, her hair all over her face, breathing hard.

Jinyoung is cold, he doesn't know what to say or what to feel, and when his mother looks over her shoulder at him, worried, his sister snaps again.

"And there you have him! Staying quiet to make me the monster and turn you all against me!"

It makes no sense, his sister has never been this angry before, so hateful and he doesn't want their mother to hit her again, so he turns around and walks away, out of the house. He grabs his bike and just pedals away, putting as much distance from home as he can. Maybe like that things will get better, maybe Haeyoung will calm down and go back to her usual self. Maybe, if he's not there, they'll be fine.

He just pedals through the own pain he's feeling, ignoring the tears sliding from the corner of his eyes. Due to the wind or his own broken heart, he has no idea but he doesn't bother to wipe them, he just continues going forward. It's past midnight, it's so dark and there are so few people around, just a few cars passing by.

His sight becomes blurrier, blinking doesn't fix it so he aggressively wipes the tears with his arm, not stopping, not caring. By the time he grabs the handle again, he is in the middle of the crossroad, a truck is honking so loud and the lights are so bright, so huge he cannot see anything else.

One heartbeat and the oncoming truck is honking.

Two heartbeats and he's flying in the air, everything is so bright, everything is so loud he cannot hear anything, just a high pitched sound in his ear, deafening.

Three heartbeats and he hits the floor as the truck hits another car.

Four heartbeats and he closes his eyes, crying even when he doesn't feel anything at all. Not even his body, not even a little bit of pain. He's numb.

Five heartbeats and everything is black, everything is gone.

So this is how the sequel starts. It'll probably be more depressing and triggering than Acrophilia, but it'll be also filled with joy, and happiness and fluff, with a Sumer smitten Jaebeom following Jinyoung. As much as there'll be angst, there'll be love, and a happy ending.

I hope you enjoy this new ride.

Bel, xx