XI - kindness

Hello... so in case you did not know, I'm from Chile. Chile right now it's under social and political revolution, the country is practically burning and things have been incredibly chaotic since October 18th. Please read about it and I'm here if you have any questions about what is happenning and how the goverment and special forces are violating our human rights. 

This is the main reason why I haven't written or posted anything, as I've been scared, worried and trying to stay safe.

I managed to write something because I needed some fluff and happiness, too. Some normalcy. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and if you wanna talk about anything, I'm always on IG. In addition, I post as much content in English as I can of what is happening in Chile-

IG: @imoniren

Bel, xx

_____

      Jinyoung is utterly nervous, to the point he cannot stop fidgeting, changing his weight from one foot to the other and then back. He does not remember the last time he felt this restless, and he's been at it for a while. The young man arrived twenty minutes earlier than agreed upon with Jaebeom, at the exit number four of Gangnam station. The birthday party is supposed to be a few minutes walk from there and they'll head to the building together. They agreed to meet at two thirty and since around one, his heart is beating faster. Jinyoung blames it solely to the fact he's been thinking of Jaebeom all morning after ending the call, with more than one fantasy of just cuddling him and falling asleep next to him.

He is having the purest and softest fantasies and he is losing his cool, how pathetic.

"Jinyoungie," the young man hears his name being called, a voice he can recognize now.

His heart does this little jump in his chest that has little to do with the surprise and a lot with the addresser. Holding his breath, hoping it'll help him to look casual and nonchalant, he turns around.

Jaebeom is right there, smiling and looking deviously handsome with the big bag hanging from his shoulder, dressed in his black ripped jeans, white t-shirt and that stylish sport jacket with metal details at the lapels that catch Jinyoung's eye. He looks young but mature, confident and stylish.

And why on Earth is Jinyoung paying so much attention to even the details on Jaebeom's clothes?

"Did I make you wait? I overslept a little but I thought I was on time," the older man comments, taking a look at the watch on his left wrist, looking a bit puzzled.

"I got here earlier than expected. You're fine, I just underestimated how fast the subway is," Jinyoung replies, watching carefully how Jaebeom puts his hand down to look at him with a smile.

"Aw, were you that eager to see me?" Jaebeom teases, lightly and keeping that smile.

"Oh," Jinyoung answers without thinking, surprising not only Jaebeom but himself, too.

The older man's expression changes from surprise to blinding delight, his smile is wide and full of joy, his eyes almost disappearing. Jinyoung blushes immediately, his whole face and neck feel hot, and his ears are burning in embarrassment. He wants to hide but there's nowhere to run.

"I mean, I uh..." he starts babbling, looking everywhere for some escape. "Never mind, let's just go."

He starts walking and shuts his eyes tight when he can hear Jaebeom chuckling behind him before he starts jogging to catch up.

"Jinyoungie, wait," the other man calls but he does not stop. "It's the other way."

He stops abruptly, more embarrassed than before. Trying to keep what's left of his pride, he turns around just to have Jaebeom almost bumping into him. Jinyoung gasps in shock, stepping back but tripping with his own feet in a show of zero grace. The older man grabs his shoulders to help him, however there's no need to pull him against his chest or wrap his arms around Jinyoung. The younger boy does not fight it, though.