XV - chicken

I AM ALIVE!

I'm truly sorry for taking so long, I have a million excuses but that's what they are, excuses. I think the real one is that as I work in IT and spend all of my day on front of the computer, I don't even wanna open my laptop after that.

However! Tonight while I was waiting for a deplyment I decided to finish this chapter! (thanks to a lovely girl who messaged me on Instagram about the story and made me remmeber I had it there halway).

I appreciate every single one of you who is still waiting and I'll try to update more often, at least use these moments where I have to wait a long time in front of the computer.

That being said, I leave you all with this chapter I hope you enjoy.

__________________________________

             Jinyoung forgets whatever was in his mind, pushing it to whatever corner is in there and he just focuses on the moment. It's not their first kiss, not even on that day, but it feels different somehow. Maybe it's due to how tightly Jaebeom is holding him, as if he couldn't endure having him apart in the slightest. Or maybe it's how Jinyoung feels he's melting and burning at the same time, holding on to the older man to stay on his feet. Or maybe, just maybe, it's because Jaebeom is the one kissing him and it feels like he's pouring his whole soul and longing in that contact.

Jaebeom pulls back just enough to break the kiss, but immediately after he pecks Jinyoung's lips, slowly pulling back to do it again, from another angle. And again, and again. The young man feels like something is alive inside him, fluttering and making him all tingly and with a strong desire to just burst out giggling at the series of cute pecks Jaebeom is stealing.

Finally, the older man just pulls him in a hug, tight and secure, and Jinyoung just lets himself be wrapped by the other man's warmth and kindness.

"You're gonna get a cold if you go out like this, Jinyoungie," Jaebeom points out and Jinyoung only notices then he never picked up a jacket before leaving the house and it's late and cold in the middle of the night. Winter might be close to its end, but it's still biting cold.

Like taken from a cliché daytime drama, Jaebeom moves only to open up his jacket, trying to wrap Jinyoung inside as well with the excuse to keep him warm.

"You've really lost a lot of weight," the older man murmurs and Jinyoung holds his tongue instead of pointing out he wouldn't know. It's time to leave those worries behind. "Did you have dinner?"

"I don't think so..." Jinyoung answers, honestly not remembering what he was doing before Jaebeom called him. It feels so distant now standing with the older man.

"Okay, I'm taking you to eat something and keeping you warm. I don't want you to get sick. Let's go. My treat."

"Are we getting meat then?" Jinyoung asks, smirking and watching Jaebeom's reaction very closely.

The older man's smile widens and there's a relieved sigh, as if he was really glad Jinyoung was actually asking for food.

"Whatever you want," he answers, pulling back and removing his jacket just to wrap it around Jinyoung's shoulders next. "As long as it's close by."

One of the most wonderful things about South Korea is how easy it is to find an open restaurant regardless of the hour of the day. You don't have to walk much through the streets of Hapjeong to find some bar or small business with the sign open for them to enter.

They find a cozy bar that promises many good and classic things, with just a few groups and still two or three tables available. Its lights are dimmed, on the TV screens there's a variety show. Jinyoung recognizes Two Days One Night but doesn't pay much attention to it. Jaebeom guides him to a table close to the left wall, with fewer people around. There are four barrel stools, the ones you lift the seat to put your belongings inside. It's warm inside, with all the food, people and heating, but the young man doesn't want to take off Jaebeom's jacket. It just feels right to wear it.