But It Sure Sounded Good

Scarlett's POV

I groaned pulling the covers away from my face. My alarm was blaring the latest hit from Luke Bryan that I couldn't even tell you the name of right now. What I really wanted as I slowly sat up was to throttle said sexy ass shaker's wife for feeding me tequila shots last night. It had been her and my newest client's idea to go out and celebrate last night. Forcing myself out of the bed, I winced once my bare feet hit the floor.

"Oww," I whimpered pushing my tangled light brown hair away from my face. The t-shirt I was wearing half hung off my slim shoulder. I glanced down checking to make sure all vital body parts where in tact as the tequila still spun in my veins. I was so going to kill Caroline. Slowly. Painfully. I took another wobbly step towards my door. Something made me pause looking at myself in the mirror. One side of my hair was standing up. Mascara and eyeliner ringed my eyes making me look like a raccoon and my lips were so damn puffy I looked like I had plastic surgery.

Stretching my arms with a yawn something caught my attention out of the corner of my bleary eye. Turning slightly, I pulled the shirt up a little quickly realizing I had fallen asleep with no underwear on. That isn't what made me shriek. It was the bright red hand print on my left ass cheek. Then I noticed the set of teeth marks on my hip. Dear lord what the hell did I do last night. I had no remembrance of how I got home let alone where those came from.

The smell of coffee coming from my kitchen had me staggering down the hall holding my head knowing I had to be downtown sooner than I wanted to be. Shower and coffee would have to be enough to sober me up and look halfway professional. I sighed thanking my lucky stars for coffee pots with timers. I filled my favorite mug to the brim taking the first sip of that sweet, sweet taste looking out my kitchen window.

What I saw had me choking on my coffee so hard I spit it in the sink then groaned. Fuck......my ex's big black Ford was backing down my drive. Well, that explained said hand print on my ass. Not at all what I needed today of all days. Whatever line one of us spun to the other must have sounded good last night. I feared because of all the drinking it had been me. Then again that damn man could be a silver-tongued devil when he wanted to be.

Walking back into my room sipping my coffee, I grabbed my phone off the nightstand my eyes widening seeing the shreds of what had been my favorite strapless bra laying on the floor near the sundress I had been wearing last night. I growled seeing it mentally planning murder. Swear the damn man had a major problem. I mean, who gets so damn impatient they rip it down the middle. Could just take two more seconds and pop the hooks like a normal person. But noooooo.... damn caveman.

I saw the tons of notifications on my phone sighing. I weeded through the ones that could wait. Noted the emails that needed my attention this morning before I headed downtown. A text from my mama had me pausing. My eyes bulged opening it and clicking on the link she had sent me. I covered my eyes then peeked back at the screen.

Oh my god. Caroline had talked us into karaoke. Shit! Seemed it had gone viral. Considering my company last night, I shouldn't be surprised. Mom, being mom, told me to stick to my day job and let the professionals handle it. I rolled my eyes closing out my messages before heading to the shower.

After the water warmed up to nice and steamy, I stepped under the stream wincing with the soreness of my muscles. My legs felt like I had run a marathon. Part of it was from dancing my ass off.......the rest...umm....welll. I didn't get to take as long as I would have liked knowing I needed to be downtown. I dried off darting into my walk-in closet glancing at my outfit options.

The plus side to CMA Fest week was I could dress down a little. Picking out an underwear set I slipped them on ignoring the fact that I had unwittingly chosen black. Cropped jeans and a flowing gray silk tank top completed the look making my gray eyes shine. I downed a couple of aspirin while applying a light coating of makeup to cover up the obvious lack of sleep I'd had. Drying my hair part of the way I wound the silky strands into a fishtail braid before brushing my teeth. Jamming my feet into a pair of wedge sandals I called it good.