Flashback: Tequila and Texts:Part I

Scarlett's POV

"Alright ladies," Caroline drawled raising her shot glass up high waiting on all of us but Brittany to follow suit. She held her Coke up giving me, Lauren, and Miranda a wide grin. The music in the loud bar surrounding us making my booted feet tap on the hardwood floor. Caroline flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder with a wink. "So here is the latest hot duo in country music. God knows it's going to take all that Scarlett possess to wrangle you in Miranda. Cheers!"

"Hey!" Miranda grumbled shaking her head slamming her shot glass down on table as I cracked up laughing reaching for my beer taking a sip. Lauren waved a waitress over for another round. "I am not that bad. If she can put BG's stubborn ass in place without lifting a finger I should be a cake walk." Miranda leaned over giving me a smacking kiss on the cheek as I laughed. "You know you love me Scar."

"I think the martini's Caroline ordered with dinner is making you handsy," I snickered. I lifted my beer toasting her with a grin. "Thank you for taking a chance on me honey."

"Please," Miranda scoffed rolling her eyes. "You know I trust you."

"Sooooooo Britt," Lauren drawled gathering her long hair up into a messy bun waving a hand over her flushed face. "Got something you want to share with the class? Mems getting a new playmate soon?"

"Nooooo," Brittany laughed throwing her head back. "I had my fun a few weeks ago at Jason's expense and still feel like I am recovering. One of us had to try and behave tonight."

We sat for a while taking shots and catching up. All of us dealt with different aspects of being on the road but touring for country music was heavily involved in our lives. The more shots we put back the more fun Caroline thought karaoke would be an amazing idea. Lauren ran over to grab the book looking for ideas. All I could think was this we had to be crazy. Only one of us was a professional singer. The other three were married to them. Then there was me who managed them. With a laugh Miranda pointed at one that all five of us would know the words to. In unspoken agreement the four of us turned to Brittany before we headed to the stage giving her a firm look.

"No, we are not doing the Bama version of "Dixieland Delight"," she laughed as Brittany poked her lip out. "I have no dog in that fight."

"Damn right!" Caroline cheered with an evil grin. "Go Dawgs!"

Ten minutes later we walked back off stage. Okay.....Brittany walked. The rest of us stumbled off which only made us laugh harder. I had noticed a few cellphones trained on us when Miranda was recognized. I was past the point of tipsy so I didn't care. I could do damage control tomorrow if I needed to. I leaned my chin in my hand peeling at the label on my bottle watching the crowd. I couldn't help but tense up thinking about all I needed to get done this week.

I had my hands full that was for sure. But the last few years I had had thrived on staying busy. Mom tried to say it was my way of not dealing with things. Had snapped back that I handled things just fine. I wasn't first choice. I could live with that even though it had stung. A foot kicking my leg made me jump as I turned my head meeting Caroline's blue eyes that were glittering with mischief.

"You look tense sweetie," she snickered batting her eyes as the rest of them cackled. "Been telling you that you need to get laid. That sexy bartender was checking you out earlier. Could always go chat him up."

"Ummmmm...how about no," I grumbled rolling my eyes. They all gave me a look. "What?? I am not that grouchy."

"Just a smidge," Lauren slurred blowing me a kiss. "Mean do we need to hit up the toy store when we leave?"

"The hell with toys," Brittany laughed holding her sides. I saw the twinkle in her eyes and glared. "What she needs is some of that good ol hair pulling, bruises on the hips, call me Daddy, pin me against the wall, and can't walk straight the next day variety. Perfect solution for stress