sixteen

Lucky was pulled out of unconsciousness by the feeling of something cold dabbing his forehead, sending chills over his skin. His eyes fluttered open, snapping wide when he noticed Sebastian Steel hovering over him, "Mm, what the fuck?" He grumbled, trying to turn over and fall back into his deep slumber.

Steel rolled his eyes and pinned Lucky down, continuing to wipe at the wound, "Just stay still, Blue."

"It's cold." He complained, his eyes falling shut once more.

"You're such a whiny bitch sometimes."

"It hurts." Lucky whispered, his energy drained entirely.

"What hurts?"

"Everything. Make it stop."

"I can't."

"Make it stop, Seb." He repeated stubbornly.

Sebastian was glad Lucky's eyes were closed. He didn't want him to see his amused smile - that would only lead to a chain of teasing about how Sebastian wasn't as bitter as let on. "It's pretty bad, Blue. Try not to move too much, you're covered in bruises."

"D'you have any painkillers?" Lucky begged.

"Nah, sorry. It's pretty hard to get your hands on any paracetamol in here." Sebastian replied, tossing the damp cloth aside and peeling off a plaster, flattening it down across Lucky's fair skin. "You have to practically be dying for the nurse to give you any."

"Fuck." Lucky groaned loudly, cracking his eyes open once again, staring up into Sebastian's cocoa eyes.

"I mean, there is something you can do to help with the pain."

"Let me guess; smoke weed?"

"Yep."

"You got any?"

"Yep."

"Great. Pass it over." Lucky ordered, shuffling into a sitting position, only to wince, his face screwed up in discomfort, "Where did this gash even come from? Like a nail or something?"

"A ring. Porter likes to wear them to really rip into people's flesh." Sebastian shrugged, repositioning himself on the floor, beginning to roll out a joint.

Lucky glanced down, almost jumping in shock when he realised where he was. Sebastian's bed. Wearing Sebastian's hoodie. "Uh...mate? Don't mean to sound like an ungrateful prick here, but why am I in your bed?"

Sebastian glanced up, then laughed to himself and returned to what he was doing, "I couldn't lift you onto the top bunk, plus it's easier to treat your wounds from this height. Oh, and before you ask, your clothes were covered in blood, so I gave you mine."

"You know that big wooden thing behind you? Yeah, that's a cupboard, holding literally all of my clothes. Why didn't you just get something from there?"

He shrugged. "Didn't want to go through your stuff while you were passed out. Seemed a bit pervy."

Lucky was covered from head to toe in bruises, the purple blotches plastered over every inch of his skin. His lip was busted and he wore a swollen black eye, the bruise embedded under his skin as evidence of his pain. Sebastian could hardly bare to look at him without cracking his knuckles in anticipations, fighting the urge to beat Wesley and Porter to a pulp.

With a groan and a wince, Lucky slid out of bed and onto the floor, sitting opposite Sebastian, "So, should we just ditch lessons today or what?" He asked, mesmerised by his roommate's actions, his eyes glazed over as if he was in some sort of trance.

Sebastian merely shrugged again and placed the spliff between his lips, lighting it effortlessly. He inhaled deeply, his eyes falling shut in bliss, then exhaled. "Yeah, I guess." He murmured, passing the joint over to Lucky. "So, Felix, huh?"