twenty two

"So, it was okay?" Diesel asked, stuffing clothes back into his wardrobe.

Quinn shrugged, "Yeah, I didn't do much other than watch trashy daytime TV all week. How was it with your family?"

"Fine." He sighed.

Quinn finished unpacking his things and screwed up his empty backpack, stuffing it into the bottom of his cupboard. "I took Samuels with me." He admitted, sitting beside his friend on the bottom bunk.

Diesel rose his brows, "Why the fuck would you do that?"

Quinn lowered his eyes to his lap and fiddled with his hands, "He didn't have anywhere else to go."

"He could've stayed here. What, so, you're a Good Samaritan now?" He snickered, leaning back against the wall and opening a pack of cigarettes.

"Mate, you should really cut back on those, you're gonna end up with lung cancer or some shit."

Diesel snorted, "The boy who gets through a pack a day is giving me a lecture on smoking?"

"I've cut back, you know that."

"So instead of ten a day, you smoke five a day?"

Quinn laughed and grabbed another fag from the packet, lighting it and inhaling deeply. "Kit's not so bad, you know?"

Diesel rose his brows, "Someone's got a bit of a man crush, huh?"

"Shut up." Quinn nudged him with his leg, their thighs brushing together on the bed. "You two would get on."

"He's got a big personality. We clash."

Quinn sighed and gave up his argument pretty quickly. Eventually, Diesel would have no choice but to like Kit, because eventually, he would introduce him as his boyfriend. "Well, I said I'd help him with maths." He announced, hopping off the bed with the cigarette still hanging from between his lips, the lighter resting in the palm of his hand. "So, I'll see you later."

Diesel waved him off as Quinn exited the room, brushing past Benji on the way and giving him a weak smile. Benji winced as he raised his arm and knocked on Diesel's door, his fingers tangling into his caramel hair. He smiled softly when Diesel answered with a faint frown, "You okay?"

Benji glanced over his shoulder nervously before slipping into the room and shutting the door. "I need your help. I can give you anything you want in return, I just...I need something."

Diesel's interest peaked, "What's wrong?"

"Have you got any pills?" He asked shyly. "It's just that my pain meds were taken away and it still hurts like hell-"

"Where does it hurt?"

Benji paused and glanced down at his chest, "Here." He mumbled, placing his hand on his side.

"How long has it hurt?"

"A-About a week. So, have you got-?"

"You might have a broken rib. The pain should've gone by now."

Benji chewed on his lower lip, "Maybe."

"I don't wanna give you drugs."

"Please, Elias. I'll do whatever you want. It hurts. It hurts so much and I don't know what to do."

"Pup-"

"I'll do it for you. I'll...I'll suck that guard off." He gulped. "I swear, I'll do it. Just give me something, anything."

"No, Benji!" Diesel barked, "I'm not making you...I can't let you do that." He said. He sighed and grabbed his pillowcase, reaching down to retrieve a small pouch of pills, "I've got some opioids, but they're illegal and fucking addictive."