7

The following week was filled with large amounts of missions, many of which I was allowed to go on. A majority of them were in a snowy area, so I was way more helpful.

I wrapped my legs around my targets neck, using a string to take his legs out from under him; he hit his head on a chair and began to bleed. I panted and ran out of the room, jumping up onto the grates. I flattened myself and waited for them to move when I felt someone grab my foot. I groaned as I came down with the grate. Someone leaned over me and I wrapped my ankles around his head, slamming it into the wall. I grabbed my gun and shot the other two in the head before running down the hallway.

"Almost to target, where is everyone? It's like I'm doing all the work." I chuckled as I swung around a pole and kicked another enemy in the face.

"You wouldn't have to if you just left us some- OH MY GOD, VAL!" Clint screamed.

"Did you see the bodies?" Natasha asked.

"How does the spine even do that!?"

I chuckled, "Easily, break it."

"That's my girl."

I waited for them to show up and then we made our way down the hallway, caution being our friend. My hand got grabbed and put behind my back, making me fall to my knees. I groaned and then my head was yanked backwards harshly by my hair.

"Pathetic." A deep Russian accent said.

I groaned and he put his foot as the base of my spine. Natasha and the team stared at me and I closed my eyes as his grip tightening.

"What'd you call her?" Natasha said.

"Ah, the infamous Black Widow-"

"Oh, shut the fuck up." I said, popping my shoulder out of socket and using my free hand and karate chopping his neck.

I stood up and Bucky popped my shoulder back into place. I hissed and then thanked him. Natasha kept me beside her and then we made our way to the weaponry room. I sighed thankfully and we searched for said weapon.

"We're looking for... what exactly?" Thor asked.

"A bow and arrow, similar to Clint's but it's made of Vibranum." I said.

"Wait, what?" Clint asked.

"Not repeating myself." I sighed as I grazed over my old weapons.

On this mission, we had Natasha, Steve, Bucky, Clint, Thor and me. Tony was healing from a broken rib, and arm from a previous mission and Bruce had to leave the country via request. Hours of searching later, I found it.

"Hey, guys, it's he-"

I was cut off by a force throwing me backwards. I groaned as i hit the wall and fell down. I closed and opened my eyes repeatedly, trying to focus. I reached up to try and lift myself, but I couldn't.

"Val!!" Natasha yelled.

I gasped and reached for her, me looking down and seeing my abdomen had blood leaving it, the bow was stuck inside my stomach.

"St-Stop! Don't... Don't touch it!" I yelled.

"We have to get it out, Valerie, you're gonna die if we don't." Bucky said.

"If... If you touch it, you'll - fuck, fuck - be in the same situation as me." I gasped as it moved, "I need someone, no skin-to-metal contact..."

Natasha called for help, notifying them I was injured and I had a wound. I gripped Natasha's hands as the facility filled up with people trying to help me. They came in with gloves and lifted me up, taking the bow out of my abdomen. They applied pressure and I groaned, getting rushed out of the facility as fast as possible.

"She's losing too much blood, we gotta get her out of here now." One of the S.H.I.E.L.D. medics shouted.

I gasped and let out a soft cough, trying to breathe but I could only get small tufts of it into my lungs before I had to breathe out. My eyes closed in pain and I felt a hand on my wound adding more pressure.

"Come on, come on, stay awake. Keep those eyes open. Look at me." I heard.

I groaned and gripped Natasha's arm as the blistering cold hit my wound. I cried out and yanked away from all contact; the cold had an effect on my healing, if it was too cold, I wouldn't heal right. They put me on a different plane than the others and they couldn't let any of them with me. It was warm inside, and I felt them cleaning my wound.

They were talking about stitches and I caught a glimpse of it in a window beside me. A 4.5 size in diameter circle on the left side of my body was where the bow had inserted itself. I gently moved my hand to it, but they stopped me. They numbed my abdomen and I closed my eyes, my stomach hurting.

"Hey, Agent Martinez, I need you to keep those eyes open for me." The one stitching me up said.

"I'm... I'm trying here."

"Please, Agent Romanoff will kill me and I don't wanna die yet." He said softly.

"He's damn right." Natasha's voice came on over the com.

I chuckled and felt them poking and prodding at my wound with the supplied to stitch my side up. I leaned my head back and sighed anxiously. Of course I'd heal in no time, but stitches scared me; needles scared me more than anything, honestly. I looked at the medics and then felt my eyelids slowly become heavy. I yawned and closed my eyes slowly, falling asleep.

I was in a dark room, in a soft bed. I looked around and saw a small light from what looked to be a window. I slowly walked over to it, my hands reaching for the handles. My hands ran over the cold metal and I yanked the doors open. I got onto a balcony that was attached to the doors and looked back into the room.

There was a large bed with a white comforter that was matched with white pillows. I saw large door and I figured it was the closet.

"Where am I?" I asked aloud.

"You're home, darling, with me." A male's voice said, "Are you feeling well? Don't want you to be getting sick, do we?"

I looked at the door that had suddenly opened. A man with no face was there and I gasped.

I shot upwards, sweat lining my body. I looked around and saw Natasha open her eyes and stare at me. I was panting and I looked ahead of me, trying to control my breathing.