13

I woke up, my stomach feeling queasy and I moaned softly. Bucky lifted me up and stared at me.

"Katariina, I need you to be completely honest with me right here and now; did Hydra ever sterilize you? Did they prevent you from having kids?" He asked.

"Uh, I don't think so." I said, "Why?"

"Kat, that stuff on your thighs... Did you have sex with Nathaniel, unprotected sex?"

"Yeah, the day you guys-"

I froze. My eyes widened and I was shaking with terror. I moaned in horror and stood up, pacing. My hands ran through my hair, my mind was racing 100 miles a minute.

"Bucky, Bucky, this can't be happening. Please, tell me this isn't gonna happen."

"I don't know, Katariina. All I know is that we need to go back and do a blood test on you."

"Back where?"

"Base. I know you don't want to, but we have to."

I nodded and Bucky carried Jessamine and my bags to the car. I called Tony and Bucky held my hand.

"Stark speaking."

"Hey, Tony, it's Kat." I said softly.

"Hey, how you doing?"

"I'm good. Are you alone?"

"I am now, what's up, buttercup?" He said.

"We're coming back..." I said.

"So soon?"

I handed the phone to Bucky and I heard Jessamine snoring in the backseat.

"We think she's pregnant." Bucky said, "I don't know... Considering she has the serum like me, she might be... Her body develops and... Tony, just do me this solid." Bucky said, "Okay, I'll see you then."

Bucky hung up and Jessamine woke up. I handed her some water and she asked me where we were going. I told her home. Bucky and I exchanged looks and I licked my lips softly, anxiety in my stomach.

It'd be stupid of me to say I wasn't ready to be a parent, wouldn't it? I already am. My life was going several different directions at once, I didn't know how to react.

We arrived at the base and I got Jessamine out, Steve walking out to meet us.

"Hi, Jessamine, I'm your Uncle Steve." He said as he picked her up, "You and I are gonna go play some games with Thor, sound fun?"

"Mom, where are you going?"

"I have a doctor's appointment. I'll come get you as soon as I'm done." I said, kissing her forehead.

She nodded and Steve carried her off on his back. Bucky walked me to the doors and I saw Clint and Loki walking up to me.

"Tony filled us in and sent us to make sure Natasha doesn't try and stress you out." Clint said.

I nodded slowly and we walked to the medical wing. I saw my fellow Avengers sitting around the building, some were chatting and some were discussing files. I sighed softly and Bucky put his arm around my shoulder.

We finally arrived to the medical wing and Bruce and Tony put me in a closed off room. They took my blood and I sighed softly. My teeth were clenched tightly, and Bruce looked at me.

"You look different."

"Skinnier?" I joked.

"Healthier." Tony said.

We scanned my blood and we waited patiently for my results. No cancer, no diseases, no sickness, nothing. Except one, single hormone: HcG.

"Wh-What does that mean?"

"We need to do an ultrasound, now." Bruce said as we moved into a different room.

They lifted my shirt up and applied some warm gel to my lower abdomen before putting a wand gently on my stomach. I refused to look at the screen and I licked my lips. That's when Bucky tapped my cheek.

"Look."

I slowly turned and teared up, my body realizing that there was something living inside it. I laughed softly and smiled as one of my hands were held by Bucky. I knew who the father was, and Natasha would probably hate this child of mine too. But I didn't care. The baby was mine.

"You're pregnant."

They helped me clean up and then lifted me up. Bucky looked at the ultrasound picture.

"This happened yesterday, but... It's already developed to eight weeks."

I nodded and sighed softly. I got up and looked in the mirror, lifting my shirt up slightly. I looked at my belly, noticing it had grown a little in size.

"I'll go inform Director Fury, you go be with Jessamine." Tony said.

I nodded and suddenly Loki was protective over me, as was Bucky and Clint.

"Why are you suddenly so protective of me?"

"We saw how Natasha reacted to Jessamine. How do you think she's gonns react to this?" Loki asked.

I nodded softly and they walked with me to find Jessamine and Steve. I saw her and Thor play fighting while Steve cheered her on.

"Whoo! Take him down!" Steve yelled.

"That's my girl! Get him!" I cheered.

I smiled and Jessamine ran over to me, hugging me gently. She told me about how fun it was and that she didn't want to leave.

"I'm okay with it if your uncle's are okay with it." I smiled.

They nodded but Bucky and Loki stayed by my side while Clint ran up to the track field above our heads. I saw movement and several people running, a familiar red head running in the front.

"Look at you! You took down Uncle Sam!" Bucky said, tossing a wink to the winged Avenger.

"Haha, funny."

I suddenly felt eyes on me and I looked up, seeing Natasha and Clint talking. She was trying to get around him and staring at me, but he wouldn't let her. Bucky noticed and tapped my shoulder.

"Hey, Jess, me and you should go look at our new room Uncle Tony set up for us, yeah?"

"Can Uncle Thor come!?" She yelled excitedly.

I nodded and I walked to my new room, on the opposite wing of Natasha's.

-----------------
Word Count; 984

Sorry this is so short! I'm extremely tired and I haven't been feeling the best emotion wise lately (I won't be taking another break don't worry).

Reminder: I'm on discord! Private message me to be friends!

Hope you enjoyed!❤