First day~ The beginning

Part 1/2

The first day of a new school year started at one of the most amazing art schools in LA, Hollywood Arts. The big door opened and a bunch of super talented kids came through. There were some old students that were going to start their 2nd, 3rd or their senior year at the art high school, but the remarkable thing was the freshman. The 14 year old ones who had just auditioned to reach a place in their dream high school and were about to start their first year.

On the stairs, a curly brunette could be spotted with her light purple unicorn notebook on her lap. She's Cat. A kind and bubbly girl. She was dressed in a pastel attire, a pink top with a dark pink heart on it and a light purple skirt. She wrote something in her unicorn notebook, then she closed it and put it in her white backpack which was designed by pink flowers. Raising her head up, she saw the door opening and a girl came through. Cat was always interested in making friends, even tho she had tons. Well, not in this school since she was new, so of course it was a mission for her to accomplish. She picked her bag up and on her shoulders and walked over to the girl before she could walk pass her.

"Hiii" Cat called out which caught the new girl's attention. She was a tall brunette with blue eyes. She was in a dark, gothic outfit- a black shirt with a white 'That's Not My Problem' quote on it, black ripped jeans and black combat boots. "What?" The dark girl replied coldly. She wasn't like Cat's other friends. She was different. But she liked it.

"I'm Cat." The little one introduced. "So?" Well, that was unexpected... "What's your name?" "Why do you care?" "Wanna be friends with you!" She was still smiling. The gothic girl sighed, but she still introduced herself. "Jade." She seemed like a unkind girl. "Now if you excuse me I gotta go find my class." She continued walking, trying to leave Cat alone by heading to the board where the classes were written on. But Cat followed her.

"What's your first class?" Cat asked, smiling and looking at Jade. "Improv." Jade responded. "Mine is Improv, too!" Cat moved her hands excitedly and clapping them together while Jade rolled eyes. "And?..." The tall one said, searching for the Improv class on the black big board. "Well, can I come along? We can go to the class together!" Cat asked, jumping up and down.
"No!" Jade said rather harshly, which caused cat to stop her little happy bounces.

"Why?!" She was sad by the time. "'Cause I wanna get coffee if this school even has a place." Jade said. She actually wanted the coffee but it also could be used as an excuse to make Cat leave. But it didn't seem like she was going to. "Oh! oh! I know where it is! I saw it on my way to the hall! Maybe I can take you there? Pleassseeee." Cat begged. She really wanted to be friends with Jade. 'New school, new FRIENDS!' She thought. And Jade was the one who draw her attention.

She showed her, her puppy eyes, making Jade sigh. "If that means you would stop acting like a baby, okay then." She said with an unexcited tone. But Cat didn't care. "Yay!" She jumped and tried to hug Jade but she got rejected. Then, Cat leaded Jade to the JetBrew (the place in their school where they can buy coffee from).

"Black with two sugar." The man said giving the coffee to Jade. After, she paid and turned to go to Cat who was sitting on one of the lunch tables, waiting for her to come back, then they could go to their class. Taking a sip, she started walking over to Cat when her phone buzzed as she received a text. She took her phone out of her jeans pocket and she was about to unlock it but she bumped into someone. Luckily the coffee didn't spilled on her.

"Hey! Look where are you walking to!" She shouted at the one she hit, without seeing him. She looked up to see who it was and their eyes were locked by the time she did. A boy. Dark, fluffy hair. Black combat boots, kinda similar to hers. Great faded blue jeans. Dark blue denim coat on his white shirt with a pic of Washington on it. God. He was handsome.

What was she thinking about?! This is Jade West. No daily Jade will fall for a boy. Specially at the first sight. He was just a typical boy like others. No difference. Except, he was more handsome. Whatever. "I'm sorry. It was my fault." The boy snapped her out of her thoughts. "Yeah, whatever. Bye." And she left, leaving the boy staring at her.

"Come on. We gotta go." She demanded Cat. "Ooo, cute boy ha?" Cat saw everything. And it seemed like she didn't want to pay attention to the fact that  Jade wasn't interested in talking about what happened. She looked at the guy. Then Jade. She raised her eyebrows and smiled. "Okay, Cat or whoever you are, I gotta catch my class right now. If you don't wanna come, that's my pleasure, I'll go by myself." She said as she started walking away, causing Cat to quickly follow her , "No, no! Wait for me!"

.

.

Opening the door of Mr. Sikowitz's classroom, Cat and Jade arrived. Jade sat on one of the colorful chairs and Cat followed and sat on the chair on Jade's left. After some minute, the class was full. Jade looked around the room to see the pretty boy sitting in front of her. Good? Jade couldn't careless. At least that was what she thought.

"Good morning young performers!" An older man arrived at the door and flung his bag on the little stage it was in the class. He looked weird. Weird clothes. No shoes. Half bald head. Dunno. "I hoped you know who I am but you don't since it's the first day" he stomped his right foot when he got on the stage, "I'm Sikowitz. Your acting teacher." After a little awkward pause, he finally continued, "Your turn. It's time for you to introduce yourself to me and the class." His body language and the way he looked, was odd. He asked for a volunteer. And that was when Cat's hand was raised. Daily Cat. "Me! Me!" Then she got on the stage when Sikowitz let her to.

"Hiiii!" She started waving her hand to the students who were watching her awkwardly, "my name is Cat! Well it's Caterina but no one calls me that." She giggled. "Oh! And my last name is Valentine! I'm 14 but I guess you already know it so don't know why I told that" she giggled again, "also I wanna tell you that I'm gonna dye my hair!" "What color?" Asked by one of the boys. "Not sure but I guess 100% red velvet!" She responded making everyone looking at her oddly. "Cat, if it's 100% it means you're completely sure." Jade said looking down. "Oh yeah right!" The brunette started laughing, walking to her seat.

"Then next will be... you!" Said the teacher pointing at someone. 'The pretty boy' Jade met early in the morning. The Pretty Boy. That's what she called him since she doesn't know his name, so that was his nickname. Why did she even chose that nickname? He sure was handsome, but Jade had never, ever cared about any guy to put a nickname like that for them. She never even cared a bit.

"Well, I'm Beck Oliver" Beck. Emm, what a rare name, "I love acting, so that's why I came here." 'Boring...' Jade thought. She could clearly hear girls' whisperings. About him, for sure. Ugh. She hated these kind of girls. And sure, she wasn't a one. "Pff." Jade groaned. The way that Beck heard among with all others, including Sikowitz. "Well miss I-Think-People-Are-Boring, would you please join me on the stage then?" Sikowitz told her. She stood up with no interest and headed to the little stage, while Beck walked off the stage to take his sit.

"I'm Jade West. Now leave me." Then she went back to her seat. Everyone thought that two sentences told many things. Not just that what her name is, but also her behavior. A inhospitable girl. That's what she wanted everyone to know.

Then the next student was a dark skin boy who was sitting next to Beck, Andre. It seemed like they were best friends. "I'm Andre Harris. I love music. I sing and play instruments such as piano and guitar which are my favorites." Jade could swear that the boy was so familiar. But she couldn't remember because once again, she couldn't care less.

Next was a dark brown (almost black) curly hair boy with a puppet. For sure this school was not normal. "I'm Robbie Shapiro. And this is Rex Powers." What? The puppet has a name? "Hey! I can introduce myself." Snapped the... puppet? Jade knew she wasn't going to like this guy. But she liked the way that the puppet made fun of his owner.

Some other students introduce themselves after that Robbie dude, and the class started.

To be continued...