Prologue

Katsuki

The heroes are dead. But the sun still shines like any other day.

Katsuki rubbed his face and glared at the UA uniform, which had grown too small for him from the years.

It's been two years.

Two years since the last hero went down the face of the earth.

You'd think after everything, every death, the sky will be tainted red or black, but no. It remained sky blue, like nothing's ever happened.

In his room, he could vaguely hear his parents arguing amongst each other. Ever since the heroes were all brutally murdered, the government shut down one by one, from the day that the villains took over the earth... every day's been hell.

Hell for him. Hell for those who had participated in the UA hero-course two years ago. Now he was 18 years old, supposed to be graduating into his third year. Yet he was stuck as a normal civilian, a nobody, waiting for a stupid miracle that would never happen.

Bills refused to meet ends. Katsuki's family could barely afford three full meals a day.

His destructive behaviour wasn't helping anything. The destroyed monuments of the heroes had cost them what little money they had left. Scoldings and punishments had fell on deaf ears.

"I'm going out, old hag!" Katsuki informed them. He put on a gray sweater and kicked the house door open.

"Stop calling me that, you little piece of shit!"

He ignored his mother. After all, they were probably disappointed in having a son that's like him. He brought them nothing but trouble.

The streets were deserted, even in the middle of the day. People who saw him whimpered and shut their doors – they'd heard of the destruction in his wake.

Walking aimlessly on the roads, he couldn't help but think what had happened. Inko Midoriya had moved away when UA was taken over. The extras left on their own paths. He even heard that Half & Half Bastard and his family abandoning their dad's funeral, too.

The era of the heroes have come to an end, they declared. No more lies. Only the truth.

Bullshit.

He stopped at a building that was once a beacon of hope for the future heroes. UA.

Only it wasn't for hope any longer.

Two years ago, he was driven out of this very school along with the rest of the students. Nobody knows what's going on in there, since the lights were turned on often at night, but no one dared to venture inside.

The school stood proudly, the sunlight reflecting off the crystal blue windows like sapphires.

Oh, what a beautiful day it is.

What a beautiful day to burn in hell.

Later, he got the jump when he returned home.

"Katsuki! Get your ass over here!" Mitsuki barked.

"Shut the fuck up, you old hag!" he growled.

"STOP FUCKING SWEARING!"

Cursing all the way, he stomped to the kitchen, where his parents were sitting at the table, an envelope on the table along with a golden suitcase.

Oh, great, he thought. They're finally sending me away.

"Sit down," his father advised. "Let's have a talk. This is serious."