Chapter 4

Izuku was on a break to subdue some rebels at Argentina today, so Katsuki and his class had a week of nothing planned out.

Literally.

Everyone's moping around the dorms, the school halls, the cafeteria, anywhere without an end goal in mind. There's literally nothing to do. Who knew villainy could be so boring?

Katsuki lied on his bed, staring at the ceiling. The exchange he had with the villain hadn't granted him any light thoughts.

His moment of peace was intruded by Kirishima and Sero.

"Dude!" Sero yelped, slamming his door open. "You're not going to believe this!"

Katsuki shot up from his bed. "WHAT ARE YOU FUCKERS DOING IN HERE?"

Kirishima looked like he was out of breath, a barbell still in his hand. "Just come! Everyone's already there!"

After countless explosions and persuading, Katsuki cursed all the way as he made his way down to the main room, where everyone was gathered.

Except they weren't the only ones. A sickly-looking man with crazy blonde hair sat isolated on the biggest couch, black sclera and sapphire blue irises staring at him.

"Who is this fucker?" he grouched. "You pulled me down for this?"

"Young Bakugo, it is nice to see you in high spirits," said the man. His voice was deep but loud, despite his attempts of keeping it to a minimum. "I'm afraid we haven't much time. Your classmates have gone great lengths to sneak me in here."

Katsuki glared harder. That doesn't explain much, and he absolutely loathed people who doesn't get to the damn point. Startling him in his room certainly does not dampen his feisty temper.

Uraraka explained for the rest of her classmates, sensing Katsuki's piling irritation.

This man's name was All Might. He fled Japan under the cover of Toshinori Yagi, having being the #1 hitlist of the villain Izuku Midoriya. He had hid under the radars, trying to start rebellions for the hero age to rise once again. Upon coming to Japan, the first thing he did was to contact the former students of Class 1-A, which led to now.

"Not everyone went to practice with Izuku," Yaoyorozu said. "While the boys trained with him, us girls snuck him in. You would have known that if you're with us, Bakugo."

Katsuki grinded his teeth and glared at the man. How could this weakling be All Might? Were they duped? How stupid are they? This guy looks like he's on death's door!

He scowled. "So? You guys want to beat Izuku up?"

Kirishima shook his head, the barbell dropping on Kaminari's foot. Unfortunately, that weighed 30 kilos, and to the infirmary Kaminari went.

"Oops," Kirishima yelped. "Bakugo. We're not strong enough for a head-on assault. He could beat us without the use of a quirk. Who's to say what quirk does he have? Why did you think I asked you about it?"

Katsuki thought back to the memories that Izuku had shown him. He did have a quirk, and it's as dangerous as it is lethal.

Should he tell them? Izuku trusted him, after all. And earning a villain's trust is rare... but would this bring the heroes back?

If doing so, could he become a hero?

But Izuku told him so casually. Did he really believe that Katsuki would keep a secret as big as that? One that could overturn the wrath of the reality of villainy?

"Hey," he grouched. "He told me something in my room..."

Katsuki explained everything to his class, though he threatened to blow up whoever interrupted him. He left out the part of All Might and Izuku's father's funeral, just because he was afraid of All Might denying it and forbid it to become a hero in the future.

They believed him. Most doubted more than the others. But finally when he concluded the part where All for One passed his quirk down to Izuku, All Might shifted in his seat.

"That is very serious," All Might said soberly. "There's a reason why he got you all together in one spot. To keep you all under his nose. If he is anything like All for One, he is power hungry and will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. You need to remain cautious and alert. Do not believe a word of his. He is a master manipulator."

Everybody nodded. Katsuki didn't.

Because somehow he felt like he had just took a life.

His fists tightened as All Might elaborated the plan to them. They had once chance, and they had to make it count. It's now or never.

I will bring you to justice, Izuku Midoriya.

* * *

Day two of Izuku's absence.

Everyone was no longer bored. They were busy sharpening up their quirks in the gym, with Inko Midoriya supervising. For this to work, they would have to gain her 100% trust.

Katsuki stayed in his room, staring at his hands.

Why did he tell them?

Why did he break a promise?

It wasn't a promise... right? Izuku was naïve enough to tell him about his past. Nobody could blame him. He has the information and what it takes to be a hero. He could turn the tables.

He could be a hero.

But why didn't he feel like one?

Izuku didn't seem like he was lying all the way through. But then again, he is a master manipulator. He could pull whoever's strings as he wished. He could talk down world wars or kids fighting over a pack of gummy bears. He could trashtalk a people so fast they would cry for their mommies and cut their vocal cords out.

He's the bad guy, he told himself. I'm helping the heroes. Don't feel pity for some guy you barely know!

Did he?

Did he really feel pity for Izuku?

He left to the gym before any crazy thoughts could drive him to the brink of insanity. Uraraka, Todoroki and Iida were already talking to Inko Midoriya, and he could catch the topic of their plan to take down Izuku Midoriya.

"... bring him back," Iida was saying. "Nobody is born evil! He must be misguided. Every parent should know that. You can help us bring your Izuku back!"

Inko's expression was pained. "I know, Iida-kun. I've seen him trying to be a hero. It only hurt him. More than any of this. Don't ask me to hurt my own son."

"You won't." Katsuki stormed over. "Izuku is a sick bastard, thinking he can change us into villain scum like him. He's fucking crazy, so we need your help to pound some sense into him."

The three stared at him like he'd finally hit his head hard enough to be insane. Katsuki ignored them. They needed Inko's help.

"My mother is your best friend, am I right?" Katsuki demanded. "That old hag is sitting at home right now, probably happy that I'm gone! Don't do it for us, do it for that old hag!"

Inko's eyes widened. She'd suddenly developed an interest in the floor.

"If – if this is what I can do for Izuku..." she said. "I'll do it."