Chapter 9

Bhoyuqp

I was smiling so much I knew my cheeks would hurt but I didn't care

"Hey "

"I thought you didn't make it "

"Why wouldnt I? "He smiled and I am drowning

"Nevermind" I smiled clutching my purse closer. So where are we sitting? "

"Oh, come with me"He said pulling me closer, his hands on the small of my back, I tried not to blush. He led us to a private corner with food already arranged on the table but covered. Now I am hungry!

"This is nice"I commented and looked up at him, he was eating the ice cream he said he got for me. "I thought the ice cream was for me "

"Oh" His eyes were wide like a deer cut in the headlights. "I didn't even know I was eating it"

"Gimme "I laughed and sat down, the realization of sharing the same spoon hit me and I felt hot. Now I have to eat it, I should have just left it with him. I feel 16 again.

"Let's pray" I swear my jaw fell when he said that and I think I almost dropped my ice cream.

"What?! "

" Don't you pray? "He said

"Yes, no, yes... Yes I pray, it was just a surprise that you offered to pray"

"You don't know me" He said and my belly fell, I don't really know this man and im so into him. He makes me feel nice and giggly and young. What if he's just like Samuel, not knocking me up this time but making me fall for him and then leaving me? I can't bear that, I've just got to be careful.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and smiled at him, yes I don't know him but that doesn't mean we can't be friends right?

"Alright " I said and closed my eyes. I hear him chuckle and felt his hands on mine that I left on the table. It was... Ok! Prayer time.
He said a short but deep prayer and we said amen together.

He prays before eating?! Wow!

"Eat and stop starring at me "He said and I laughed

"I wasn't "I said and dived in. "Ok, this food is delicious "

"I bet you're more delicious" He said and I almost choked on my food. What?! I was talking about food. I glanced up at him and smiled before looking back at my food, he was smirking, now this is tense. " I was kidding, calm down"

"Umm" I laughed then pretended to be serious "soooooo what's your deal with Samuel"

"Well he lied to me, my father had some financial issues with one of his companies then Samuel came in and made a deal"

"Which is?"

" He gets 40 percent of the company and helps him out with the problem "

"Ohhhhhkkk" I drawled out. He smiled from the corner of his mouth. That was.... shut up

"He lied! I was in Australia having a business meeting when I heard that my father was involved in an accident and before I came back. Samuel had him sign a deal that says he signed his company to him. He had my father at his weakest point. Father signed without reading it. The man thought me never to trust people and then he trusted a snake!"

"Wow, that's wicked " I said

"It's not that we don't have other companies to focus on, he still can't reach half of what I have but I do not let people go scoff free from stealing from me!"

"You have to take it back from him" j said wiping my hand in a napkin the waitress dropped on the table

"I already have a bug in his office. I need to find my way to his account. I'm going to  run the company down. Either I get it or no one does"

"He'd really mean. He wasn't like they before" I said reminiscing back to when we were younger. He was the kind of guy I used to like, he was 'cool' 'smart' 'corny' and always had his way. I really hate him

"That's why I called him a snake. Do not let him spoil our appetite, tell me more about yourself"

"Oh" I said totally confused "there's nothing much to know about me"

"You can't just be human. You gotta have something. Like your favorite color, age, childhood dream blah blah "

"Ohhhk I'm 22 and I have a six years old daughter " I blurted out. Who is interested in knowing if you have a daughter or not. God Maya you're so good at spoiling moods now he won't want to see you again

"Is your daughter here with you?" He asked. Weirddddd

"No. She is in Nigeria with my grandmother"

"Nice, go on" He adjusted on his seat like he wanted to get a clearer view. Do I sound like a tv? Thank God I'm not flat, ha ok ok

"My favorite color is blue and I've always wanted to be a lawyer but guess that dream was crushed. But I'm loving what I do now. I had home schooling because I was embarrassed to go out with my big belly and all. There's nothing much to know about me"

"I see...." he trailed off. I could have continued letting him stare at me but it was getting really really awkward

"What about you. Tell me about yourself"

"You shouldn't be embarrassed of your little mistakes, they make you stronger"

"Umm" I replied and watched my nails as the table was being cleared

"Well I'm 26. According to my parents, ripe for marriage" he rolled his eyes.hot. "Favorite color is green, represents life and I'm an architect, have a company of mine and a school I built to educate youngsters with the dream of being an architect then I have my fathers many companies I run for him, that man is in every trade" I laughed when he frowned "I had my college life in Stanford and was kind of the girls man if you know what I mean but then I was more interested in getting the hell out of the school. So that's all "

"Better than mine " I smiled

"So do you want to get out of here, I brought my driver here, we can get to know each other in the car" the way he said 'know each other' and winked got me blushing like stupid

"Perv!" I laughed and stood up "let's go "

I'm back from my looooong break. The chapter is not long but I'll try better later

Keep voting. Very much appreciated❤️❤️❤️