12 - Dearly Departing

Sorry for the wait on this one. Works been crazy busy! Promise things are going to pick up from here on out! There will be a pause on chapters during November though due to NaNoWriMo. I have another project on the go for that. Hope you enjoy! As always please vote, comment, and share if you do! <3

Mira~

Harry was surprised when day broke and Ron had yet to appear outside Grimmauld Place. He glanced down at his wristwatch, he had bewitched it not long after the war to show where Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were, an idea he had retrieved from Mrs. Weasley.

Ron's wand was pointed to danger.

Harry groaned, quickly registering that both Ginny and Hermione were still safe. He glanced around the square. The sun was coming up in hues of orange and pink over the London skyline. He then crossed to the front door of Grimmauld Place and knocked twice.

"Expecto Patronum," Harry muttered, sending word to Luna that she needed her. It took Hermione only a few minutes to get to the door. She answered it in pajama shorts and the same spaghetti strap striped top she had worn the night before. Her curly hair was a ball of frizz that stood up in all directions.

"Harry? What's happening?" Hermione asked stifling a yawn. There was the sound of someone coming down the staircase then Draco came around the corner. He looked like he hadn't slept. His eyes held deep bags and his hair was slightly ruffled. He came up behind Hermione. She glanced at him. Harry noticed that her eyes lingered for a moment on his bare chest... He felt a flicker of annoyance, then he remembered why he was there.

"It's Ron. I think he's gone and done something stupid."

Hermione sighed, "What else is new."

"He hasn't come to relieve me. Look." Harry gestured at the watch. Hermione bravado dropped as she saw where Ron's hand pointed. "That idiot. Where did he go?"

"That's the question. He said he was heading to the Burrow, and to see Ginny."

There was a pop and Luna appeared beside Harry, dressed in a long lilac robe, her hair was braided and her face was flushed.

"What's wrong?"

"Ron's not back," Harry said. Luna paled even further if that was possible.

"Wasn't he supposed to be headed home?"

"He was. But clearly, he didn't."

"Hang on Harry," Hermione said, arms crossing over her chest, "You don't have any proof of him not going home. Have you spoken to Molly or Ginny?"

"No. Not yet. But I know he didn't. Trust me. I know Ron." Harry scowled and glanced at his watch again.

"Then where did he go?" Hermione asked.

It was Draco who answered.

"He wouldn't go back to the Manor would he..."

"My thoughts exactly," Harry said, he and Draco exchanged a look that could only be described as unimpressed acceptance. Hermione groaned.

"That fool."

"I'll check in with Ginny and Molly. In the meantime, you stay put." Harry said, "Luna you keep an eye out here. I'll send word as soon as I know what has happened."

"We know where he's gone." Hermione said crossly, "why bother with the Burrow."

"As you said. I can't be sure." Harry said, looking grim, "For now I need you to stay out of harm's way."