CHAPTER ONE

Please note: this chapter is unedited.

"Out of my way loser" Vincent shoved me into the locker. I wince a bit but it wasn't really painful. Vincent normally let's me be but some days like this, he tends to push me around.

I'm on the short side really. Skittish and lean also, gets intimidated easily.

I heard whispering everywhere, i looked up and noticed the source of the commotion.

The dark prince. Prince Ace. He stood tall in the middle of the hallway, like he was looking for something, or someone. The power radiating off him was raw and dark, feels really deadly. What is the prince doing in a high school Hall way? Though I've never met him or seen him, I just knew it was him. Power to his name.

He's one of the princes of the four kingdoms with the queen as the ruler. It is rumoured that she killed her husband out of anger in cold blood and the last of her sons was there to witness the whole thing, which made him the most deadliest out her five children cause his heart is as cold as his eyes and he had no problem helping and that's how he got the name the dark prince. They also said he lived up to his name.

I turned my head immediately, not wanting to look more than I have. I'm fucking terrified of him?

I opened my locker and took the necessary books and ran to class.

"Blake", You're late, again." I nearly rolled my eyes but stopped myself, I really don't want to get into more trouble than I am already in. Gee thanks for pointing the obvious.

" I'm sorry miss Lawrence, the lockers decided to attack me again."

Everyone started laughing including miss Lawrence. I looked away and shifted my weight to my other leg uncomfortably, getting a bit pink from embarrassment.

"yea whatever, just avoid the lockers next time kay, now go sit before the desks start attacking you. " She said with a wave of her hand. I humbly made my way to an empty seat by the window.

I sighed "I hate my life."

××××××

"Listen everyone ,after lunch you all are to go to the Hall. There's a very big announcement, no skipping, the queen is coming and everyone must be there" The principal announced.

I sigh. What are the royals doing here?first the prince now the queen!

I picked the remaining of my lunch and threw it in the trash as I started making my way towards to hall reluctantly, I opened the doors and got in, in the middle of the hall stood prince Ace. I just knew it was him. That power. And that manly body.

I was about to run before the hall doors busted open and students started coming in. I breathed a sigh of relief. I can't be around that much energy.

Everyone avoided coming close to Ace and for a moment i kinda felt bad for him.

At least someone should try and get close to him. Well someone, anybody but me. Contrary to popular belief, I actually do value my life.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the queen walking up the stage.

She looks just like a queen, she is the epitome of beauty, the way she walks, the gentle sway of her hips just got everyone mesmerize; and her voice, sounds like a lullaby.

"Students of gravestone, I am honored to be in your presence but straight to the point. One of you would be chosen by my son Ace and you will be staying with him for three months. The darkness have been here for so long and we need the light, and the chosen one will be the one to bring that light back into this town and into the heart of your prince." She turned to Ace "Ace it's time to choose."

I could hear murmurs of excitement but my legs have a mind of its own. I want nothing to do with this, with the queen or the prince, tho there's a zero chance of me ever being chosen, I quietly retreated, my arms out stretched reaching for the nob but obviously nothing seems to go my way.

Just then, he turned. Just then his eyes met mine. Just then for the first time i noticed his eyes are two different colors. Just then my breathe escaped me,if i thought the queen was beautiful,i have no idea what word to use for the dark prince. Just then my body stopped moving and all I could hear was the sound of my erratic beating heart. Just then he held my eyes and his beautiful mismatched eyes held a promise. A promise that this isn't gonna be easy or all fun and games, a promise of pain and just then i knew, I just knew that I'm the chosen one, and I couldn't do nothing so I did the one thing I could.

I screamed.

So what do you think? And thank you for giving this book a chance.

If you like it please show your support by voting and commenting 💜