First date

Mal and Evie's first date!

Mal paced back and forth in Carlos and Jay's dorm, the two boys  growing restless from Mal's repeated movements. "Mal, calm down, it's just a date." Jay said, breaking the silence. Mal stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around, her eyes glowing green with annoyance. "Just a DATE?" She seethed. "It's my first date with Evie, Jay! It has to be perfect!" Carlos shifted in his seat. "Aren't you two just going to the beach?"

"Not just a beach, Carlos, we're going to the hidden beach, remember?"

"So?"

"So... that means it'll just be the the two of us, and I'll have no one to hide behind when I mess something up! And... what if the decorations I set up are too plain? What if some animals came by and took them down?"

"You're not going to mess anything up Mal, besides, I'm sure Evie will love the decorations." Jay piped up.

"Well you don't know that! Oh my god... it's 5:30! I need to get Evie in 15 minutes!" Mal ran out of the room and through the dorm halls. When Mal finally reached Evie and her's dorm, she caught her breath, and after smoothing her hair and adjusting her leather jacket, knocked on the door.

Evie opened the door, and Mal just stood there, taking in all of the other girl's beauty. Evie wore a gorgeous dark blue and crimson dress with a black leather jacket. "Mal?" Evie wove her hand in front of the stunned girl's face. Mal shook her head, snapping out of her trance. "Sorry, E... um, are you ready to go?" Mal nervously played with her fingers. "Yeah. Are you ready?" Evie teased. Mal blushed, and held out her hand. Evie intertwined Mal's fingers with hers and they headed off to the hidden beach.

----------------------------------------------
A trio of palm trees had fairy lights and lanterns strung about them, with a soft blanket in the center, and a picnic basket. "Oh, M, this is so beautiful!" Evie exclaimed as her eyes lit up. They sat on the blanket and Mal opened the picnic basket. "Lets see, we have our plates, utensils, napkins..." Mal placed each of these on the blanket. She next placed a blueberry tart on each of their plates, and a bowl of strawberries and blueberries in the center.

"This looks so good! Did you make these?" Evie asked, picking up her tart

"This looks so good! Did you make these?" Evie asked, picking up her tart. "Yep. I only used recipes this time. No magic." Mal promised.  Evie set down the tart and hugged Mal tightly. "Thank you for this, M." She whispered, and kissed Mal on the cheek.

After talking and eating and laughing, they decided it was getting late. "We really should be getting back to Auradon Prep now..." Mal said, breaking a relaxing silence as they stared at the stars. Evie hummed. "Can't we just stay a bit longer? This is so nice..." "We can't stay out here forever, E." Mal laughed. "I wish we could. I had a wonderful time, M. I love you." Evie said, yawning. "I love you too, Evie." Mal held Evie's hand in hers, and gave her girlfriend a peck on the cheek. Evie turned her head to lock lips with Mal, and they sat there in bliss. "Mmm... you taste like strawberries, Mal." Evie said, and Mal giggled. "And you taste like blueberries, E."  The night went on as they packed up the picnic, and walked back to the school.

-----
Thanks for reading! If you liked it and want more, vote and comment!