That Window-Part 4

3rd person's Pov:

Evie took a few steps towards the slightly-melted shards. "M... did you do this?" She looked back at the purple haired girl with an inquisitive glance.

Mal rubbed her neck and nodded.

"How did you get it out of the wall?"

Mal shrugged and folded her arms. "Sharp claws."

Evie nodded. Right. Dragon. "Why... why'd you destroy it?"

Mal walked and stood next to the taller girl and sighed, "I just... hated looking at it... and... I don't know why."

Evie's red-brown eyes glanced at Mal's. "I think I know why."

Mal furrowed her brow and scrunched her nose. "Really?"

"Yeah." Evie tucked a loose strands of hair out of Mal's face. "You hate it because, just like me, you see the wrong person taking your hand."

Mal thought for a moment, and smiled. "Yeah, I probably should've figured that out a while ago," she laughed, taking Evie's hand in hers, pulling her in for a kiss on the cheek. Evie held Mal in her arms, and they swayed side to side, as though they were dancing to music only they could hear. But there was one thing that Evie still wanted to know.

"M? It wasn't just the window that caused you to fight with Ben, was it?" Evie whispered, not wanting to startle Mal from the sweet silence they'd been sharing. Evie knew that window had something to do with it all, but she also knew that couldn't be the only piece to this puzzle. She felt Mal shake her head.

"No. It started with me bringing up how I felt the window was... off; but it eventually turned into me asking for some space to think, and him not wanting to let it go, and... well, I guess we kind of unofficially broke up when I threw his ring at him..." she slightly laughed at this, making Evie smile.

"Well.. I'm glad you told me, M." Evie then realized something. "Uh, Mal? How are we going to explain that," she gestured to the colorful remains of the stained glass window, "to Ben... and... everyone else?"

Mal's eyes that had just been closed suddenly shot open. "Uhm... I could... restore it with... magic?" She gave Evie a smile similar to one a child who was in trouble would give to their guardian after being caught messing up.

Evie gave Mal a stern look, but then laughed, "I'd normally be opposed to you using your magic to fix your problems... but... I suppose I could look the other way..."

Mal grinned evilly and gave Evie a big hug. "Thanks, E. Meet me back at our dorm?"

"Yep." Evie smiled. Oh that Mal, she thought. I love her.

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the shortness of this ending, but I feel that it fits well. Maybe I'll make a sequel to this? Anyways, consider voting and leaving a comment, it really helps motivate me! Love you all!