Feelings

Sequel to "He'll never love you like me", Takes place immediately after Space Between

Evie's POV:

It's so nice to hold Mal again. It's so nice to hold her hand in mine. Mal slowly breaks the embrace.

"M?" I say nearly under my breath.

"Yeah?"

God, her eyes are beautiful...

"E?" She waves her hand in front of my face.

"Um..." I blink. "Can I ask you something?"

Mal furrows her brows, "Always--what's up?"

I can feel my face grow red. "Can I kiss you?"

Mal blinked. She bites her lip and blushes. "Evie... wh-what are you saying?"

I glance down at my feet. "I'm saying... that... I really, really like you, Mal." I meet her eyes again; and for a moment they glow.

"E... I-"

"Please? Just once..." I cut Mal off. She gives me a small smile.

"Oh, Evie, I was going to say yes." she takes my hand in hers and squeezes it reassuringly. I relax a bit.

"But,"- Oh no, did she change her mind? What'd I do wrong? I knew this was a bad idea...

"I need you to understand that, well, I don't know if we can ever be together... I wish life was a perfect fairy tail and we could, but..." she trails off.

"But... you're afraid of what other people will think?" I ask; she remains silent, staring down at our intertwined hands. "...are you... afraid of what Ben will think?"

"It's just... Everyone needs me to be this perfect lady of the court. I already have so many responsibilities as the King's girlfriend, and I don't think I can handle any more of them, E," Mal started to tear up, "People expect me to stick by him forever... to become his Queen. I'm afraid that if I break up with him, all of Auradon will think I've gone bad again..."

I lift Mal's chin so her gaze meets mine, her gorgeous green eyes glistening with tears. "M, Who cares what they think. All that matters is your happiness. And, if being with Ben makes you unhappy, then he isn't worth it. You deserve to be happy. You deserve better." Mal smiles at this a bit.

"You're right, Evie; you've always been. I just feel bad for Ben... he's a nice guy." She says. I nod in agreement.

"I'm sure he'll understand, Mal, just tell him what you've told me."

We stare at each other in silence before we embrace once again. Hugging Mal I felt a bit guilty. Did I give her the right advice? Or did I just convince her to break up with her boyfriend so she could be mine? I'm not selfish... right?

Doubts keep flooding my head but in an instant, Mal's lips are on mine, and all my negative thoughts melt away. It feels right kissing Mal. It feels as though it's meant to be this way, and has all along. I taste the salt of her tears as fresh drops of water stream down her cheeks to meet at the corners of her mouth.

We pull apart to take a breath; to process what happened. My eyes scan over Mal's face. Her face is blushed with pinks and reds, her lips glistening, her eyes wet and staring right into my soul. I really love her. Oh so much.

I know exactly what I'm feelin' 

 I'm sorry that I care, care 

 It's really not that fair...

It's so nice to hold Mal again. It's so nice to hold her hand in mine. And this time, we stay like that; just enjoying each other's arms around us.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Consider voting and/or leaving a comment, It keeps me motivated! :)