Part 10

Walking into the familiar bar Jennifer let her smile gleam when she saw Odis serve Cam a beer. It felt like the tattoo Can gave her happened years ago but in reality it still sat wrapped on her arm from being freshly created.

"I knew you'd be back! I just didn't think it would be this soon." Odis said wiping a part of the cabinet and waving her over. "What can I can get you?"

"I'm trying to find Aurora." Jennifer stated skipping the small talk. "I need to talk to her."

"Well she's not here sugar cake." Odis answered throwing the towel over his shoulder and walking over to another customer.

Rubbing her forehead Jennifer wondered why he seemed so rash with his reply. Sitting down on a stool, she took a few deep breathes. She didn't know what her plan was exactly but she just needed to see her. She never craved something so bad before and not sexually but just physically being close to her. Her voice, her smell, her attitude was all something she just craved. Not to mention all the vain things. "I don't know where she would be." She whispered to herself holding her forehead in her hands.

Remembering Cam was sitting next to her she looked up when he put his beer down and narrowed her eyes as she watched his knee bounce nervously. Jennifer gave a sigh of relief, "Aurora please stop hiding from me."

Slowly coming up from behind the counters she rolled her eyes, "What do you want?"

Seeing the innocence that sparkled in her hurt eyes made emotions that she never knew she had rise through her body. Getting up quickly to walk over to her she swallowed the knot in her throat and tried her best to make her voice seem less raspy. "I'm sorry I left I-"

Holding her hand up Aurora refused to look up at the woman, "It's fine, you wanted to experiment. Now you can go do whatever you want to do to make it better with your husband. I'll be the bad guy so you can figure things out."

"No Aurora it's not like that! Please you have to listen to me!"

"I would have listened to you Jennifer! I would have listened all night but you left. In the moment you regretted it and I don't want to hang out with someone who regrets me. I'm not doing that again."

Feeling all her tears coming up making her vision blurry Jennifer shook her head trying to think of what to say. She never had the opportunity to express how she felt and now that she did she didn't know what to do. "I don't regret you." Lifting her hand up Jennifer felt her body loosen as she cupped her face into her hands. The smooth skin she longed for so badly. "I can't put into words how I feel, but just know I left for a reason and I think that it can only make our situation come out positive."

Crossing her arms Aurora wanted to push her away but couldn't make herself slap the warm hand away.

Bending down to be at eye level Jennifer looked deeply into the brown eyes before her and closed her eyes trying not to lean forward to kiss the pink lips. "I know we haven't known each other very long, but there's some things I want you to know about me."

Furrowing her brows Aurora stayed silent.

"My name is Jennifer Lancaster." she paused finding the courage, "I don't know if that name means anything to you but I run a very successful Jewelry business. And I wasn't happy. My family doesn't like me...they just like my money and I have no idea how to have fun. But you showed me in just a couple of hours how much I love living. And how great you made my life in that short of time."

"I'm just a person." Aurora whispered letting her arms fall to her side, "I'm not your savior. I can't fix the problems you think you have."

"I'm not asking you to." Jennifer pleaded. "I just want you to open your mind because I have issues. And I know we live on a big rock in outer space with nothing to live for but oddly I want to take the time I have on this floating rock to make you happy."

Biting her lip Aurora finally looked up waiting for the older woman to continue.

"I sold my business." Standing up she tried to straighten her back out to seem taller, "I want to take you to an island and give you what you want in life. The art, the stress free environment, a dog... and maybe you'll let me be there with you."

"Jennifer..." Aurora stuttered stepping back.

Hearing the door swing open Jennifer clenched her jaw seeing a man walk in with a large coat and a fedora that hid his face. "What brings you to such a hideous place Darling?"

"Get out of here Tom." Jennifer yelled pushing Aurora behind her, "I'm not fighting with you. Just sign the papers and leave me alone."

"Jennifer, you can't sell the business I won't allow it."

"I already did."

"Why?" He asked raising his voice, "What has made you suddenly act like such a complete idiot?" Setting his hat down and lighting his cigarette he grinned looking at the brunette hiding behind his wife, "Ah I see now." He laughed, "You're going through a midlife crises."

"Tom you need-"

Cutting her off he flicked some ash onto the floor and looked at the ceiling, "If you want to screw some young assistant that's fine, We can pay to keep it out of the press, but we can not pay to keep your stupid decisions private if you sell the way we make money."

"We?" She scoffed, "first of all That was my business and you have no control over that. Second there's nothing I want to keep private."

Surprised at her words he shook his head, "How long has it been going on?"

"That's none of your business."

"I haven't signed the papers yet Jennifer." He leaned forward and looked at the young girl. "You are still my wife and you are fucking someone behind my back. She's cute but is she worth loosing everything you have worked for?"

Finally having enough Aurora slipped from Jennifer's grasp and fled the scene leaving through the kitchen. Going after her the older woman was stopped when her husband blocked the door with his body, "We are leaving." Grabbing her arm He walked toward the door and tilted his hat at Odis who stood silently looking down.

Hitting his arm Jennifer cried violently. She felt like a child. Like all of her emotions had finally had enough. She was once a strong cloud but the pressure caused her to build up and until she couldn't hold it anymore. She poured tears like a rainstorm. He was too strong for her and she knew he would do whatever it took to make sure he stayed rich.

But she was done.

She wasn't going to be the victim anymore.

Kicking him in a cheap place he fell to the ground and she ran back inside of the bar as he yelled out curse words. She ignored him as she ran to the back trying to follow the footsteps of the girl she longed for.

*unedited.*