Part 8

Jennifer watched the young girls hair move Everytime she breathed in deeply and exhaled through her slightly agape mouth. She was in such a deep sleep that Jennifer was able to let her hands roam and it didn't effect her at all. Her body was so tan and tight, something she never noticed about other people before. Her small little freckles covered her body but it only made her look a little more like an angel. Her hair was messy and knotted but it still felt like silk made from the Greeks.

She couldn't help but let a small smile sneak up on her. It had been one hour since their love making yet she still felt so high. Like nothing could touch her.

Aurora gave so much and she probably didn't even know how.

She wanted to repay her. Live that life with her on an island. Take care of all the expenses so that Aurora could paint her days away and she could just watch and smile. She liked smiling it was something she missed dearly. And now that the this gift had been given unexpectedly she didn't want to give it back. She didn't want to go back to unhappiness and reality.

It was almost as if this room they laid in was an alternative dimension and nothing could go wrong inside there.

Hearing a slight vibration from the other side of them room Jennifer thought against getting up but she didn't feel like she sleep anyway.

Rolling out of the bed slowly she picked up her pants and searched thoroughly before finding her phone. Seeing the caller ID Jennifer answered with a little more pep. "Micheal why are you calling so late? Is everything Alright?"

"Ya it's fine mom. Listen I've got some good news and bad news."

Looking over at the still sleeping girl she tried her best to keep her voice down, "What is it?"

"Well bad news is that I wrecked the boat but good news is that I asked Rachel to marry me last night."

Dumb struck Jennifer moved her bare body to the wall where she could rest on it. "W-Who is Rachel?"

His voice got quite as he talked to someone else. "She's great! I'm sure you'll meet her one day. We Are getting married tonight."

"But I can't be in Hawaii by tonight?"

"Don't worry about coming mom! Maybe you can just wire me some money for my wedding gift and a little extra so I can get the boat fixed!"

"Micheal I-"

"Thanks mom!"

With that silence was heard on the other end. Jennifer dropped her phone back down to wear her clothes laid and slid down in a sitting position. This is why she didn't want to go back down to reality. It sucked there. All everyone cared about was money. Putting on her shirt and slowly getting dressed she cried silently. This was her life. Being miserable, used, and washed up. There was no place for her on this earth anymore. Going over to the girl she kissed her forehead before leaving the bedroom quietly. She wanted to look at her just a second longer but if she did it would make her cry.

"So you were a fuck huh?" Kate laughed and put her phone down. "Now you're just going to dip?"

Jennifer sighed and straightened her messy clothes, "it's better this way."

"Bullshit! Whatever issues you have are shit because when she's wakes up in the morning you won't be there." She shook her head. "Maybe everyone is stupid like me."

"I don't think I need to be lectured by someone half my age." She replied throwing daggers with her eyes.

"Ya because you have life all figured out." Kate answered laying her head down unbothered, "Just get out. The quicker you disappear the faster she can get over you."

Hurt by her words Jennifer did just that and left the apartment. She called a cab and looked into the air numbly. Her eyes couldn't focus on anything she just played the motions and paid the driver. She went into the same elevator she left a few hours ago but didn't bother saying hello.

Smelling the familiar scent of her home Jennifer dropped her belongings on the floor and went to the bathroom where her gun laid right where she left it. She felt like it was time. It was time to not suffer anymore.

Making sure it was loaded the raised it slowly to her head and closed her eyes.

Through her life she thought it was all going to work out. The pain she faced to get where everyone wanted to be wasn't worth it but she couldn't erase time. Maybe when people read the internet and see a woman who had it all killed herself they would take a second to tell their family's they love them. That would be ideal. Maybe her end would be the start for someone else.

Taking a deep breathe she paused hearing her phone vibrate once again. Opening one eye she peeled over to see the screen light up and travel across the marble counter. Not recognizing the number she tried to shake it off but a notification went off.

Picking up her phone and setting the gun down she raised it to her ear to listen. A tear running down her cheek.

"Hello Mrs. Lancaster. This is Edward Reynolds and I received an interesting tip that you were looking to sell your business. You have built a wonderful company and I would much like to take on the duty to make it better. I would rather not discuss specifics over the phone but I would offer a hefty amount to claim all ownership. Put simply I will offer $700 million. Let me know."