Part 11

Using the emergency Exit Jennifer hurried through the alley to get to the sidewalk where Aurora stood trying to call a taxi. They rushed by however not giving her a second look so she let her arm fall and looked up at the sky where the sunrise would soon be peeking over.

"Please don't leave." Jennifer sobbed standing at the corner of the alley.

"Jennifer I-" she stopped and looked over at her lover. "I really like you, but there's some shit you have to work out. As much as I live in a fantasy You have to be real with what your going through."

She shrugged, "Like what?"

"You're married Jennifer!"

"I'm going through a divorce, but if that bothers you we can wait until it's officially over."

"And then what?" She laughed, "Buy a house on the beach and live happily ever after?"

Jennifer nodded, "Yes."

"We are two very different people. I'm sorry, but I don't think this would work out."

Seeing her arm go back to position to call a cab once again Jennifer bit her lip and walked over. She put the girls arm down and ran her hands up her arms until they cupped her face, "You are so much wiser than I am. You have so much to teach me, but you can't teach me if you aren't with me."

"Jennifer I know I'm a dreamer but when do those dreams actually come true?"

"My'n did." The older woman whispered studying Aurora's face, "I dreamed that I would find a way to be happy again, and I prayed that someone would save me from myself."

Furrowing her eyebrows the Young girl tried to decipher her words, "If you're so rich and successful like others dream of, what makes you think this dream will come true."

"Because I'm not thinking this time. I just know."

Aurora sniffed trying to get her runny nose to slow down and tried warming her face in her scarf. "I don't know."

"I already have a place in mind and a plane ticket leaving at 12:00."

Feeling the storm that once rained heavily turn into a quite snow fall Jennifer opened her coat and let the young girl get close to her body before wrapping her arms and jacket around the both of them. Their bodies were closer and their heartbeats joined to make thinking a little easier. Resting her head on the top of the girls Jennifer smiled, "I don't care what you want to do. I'll follow you and take care of you."

"I don't need to be taken care of." Aurora argued snuggling her face into the crook of Jennifer's neck.

She snickered, "Well then I'll watch you from a distance and only pay the bill when you forget your wallet."

They stayed silent for a moment while letting the sun rise bringing the sky into a beautiful burnt orange tint.

"What kind of dog will we get?"

"I've always been found of mutts."

"We can adopt from a shelter."

Moving away and looking down Jennifer grinned, "That would be lovely."

Moving away with a sigh Aurora took the older woman's hand into her own and looked up at the watery blue eyes in front of her, "We can have a garden, and an art studio."

Jennifer nodded, "I've always wanted to try and grow herbs."

Holding each other's hand firmly they both placed their other hand in their pockets to warm themselves while they started walking down the empty sidewalk.

"We can also have a Hermit crab named Herbert."

Jennifer smiled letting a sigh of relief escape her mouth.

"And we can take classes together just to learn something new, and we can have a small boat, and maybe we can make friends with old retired couples and use them for their golf carts. Also Did we get window seats in the plane? I like to see humans turn into ants the higher we fly up."

Jennifer nodded listening to the girl y'all wildly about their options. She was finally happy.

FIN

***********
I thoroughly enjoyed this small project. It was so comforting to make a story that was so simple and relaxing.

If anyone was wondering I made this for ones who seem to struggle with suicidal thoughts and tendencies. It's a hard world we live in, but the most important thing we can have in our lives are dreams and hope. It may take years, but we can find someone that helps this harsh black and white world paint some color.

I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did.

Love,
MD