❝Snow❞ by DanceLikeMagicMike

SNOW

DanceLikeMagicMike

It was intended for us to be enemies, nature had made us opposites. He'd bring in the cold and dying leaves; while I'd bring in the warmth giving life to everything I'd touch. Throughout the eons our ancestors had disagreed on how things should go, who'd come first; it'd never seemed like something to start a feud over to me. It could have been that fire and ice just didn't go well together. That didn't stop my curiosity from peaking as I'd gotten older, especially since I hadn't even met them before.

I'd been told that they looked as ugly as they were evil. Though as I hid behind the tree watching as the other raised their hand high, producing the slightest snowfall of the winter season from the sky. I tilted my head as I silently took him in; staring in awe at the beauty before me. His skin was white as snow, hair the darkest shade of black I'd ever seen and lips redder than the roses that bloomed during springtime. He was indeed not hideous as I'd been told, but the same couldn't be said about who he was.

I didn't want to be spotted but knew if I stayed longer I would, I'd turned to leave being quiet; though the ground had become slick from the snow. Before I could register what was happening I'd slipped and landed hard on my wings. When I'd opened my eyes, the other was staring down at me with an worried expression.

"Are you okay?"