Confessions

It's been around four weeks since Greg first spent the night at Mycroft's house, things have been going well. Everything seems to be going back to how it was before the divorce, only now Greg's actually happy.

Greg walks into work on Monday, having spent the weekend with Mycroft, who finally came back to his place, he was well rested and feeling good. He walked into his office to see Sherlock and John sitting by his desk, he closes the door behind him.

"Ah finally your here George" Sherlock says standing up and spinning to face Greg.

"I'm 15 minutes early Sherlock, you're talking like I'm late" Greg says, taking off his jacket and hanging it up. "What do you want anyway?" He asks turning to face Sherlock again, who crosses his arms and rolls his eyes.

"We need backup on a case. We've been chasing this gang for a while and we've found there hideout, and we're gonna need backup" John says ignoring Sherlock's death glare. Greg hides a smile at this.

"Give me the when and the where and I'll be able to help" he says, as John stands and kisses Sherlock's cheek, Sherlock blushes slightly, turns around quickly and walks away, John thanks him and quickly follow suit.

Around noon Greg gets a text from Myc
'Hello Gregory, I'm afraid I have some leg work to do and will be unavailable for some time. I wish I could tell you more.-MH'

Greg sighs as he reads it, but he understands he can't have all of Mycs time.
'Be safe Mycroft, I'll miss you. Come back safe-GL'
He sends the text, getting another one from John, giving him the location of the sting. He starts to prepare a team, sending the information out. Once the team is ready, the head to the hideout, it's an abandoned lard factory.

Greg is the third through the door, followed by John and Sherlock, most of the gang is on the first floor so they head up to the second floor, leaving most of the men behind. Greg is the first to the stairs followed by Sherlock a minute later , he climbs the stairs as quietly as possible to get the drop on the gang leader. When he reaches the second floor he kicks in the door with his gun out unfortunately however, the leader heard him coming and already has his gun drawn. Greg remains calm, he's looked down the barrel of many guns in his day.

"Look Vincent, this can all be solved easily, just put down you gu-" he's cut off as Vincent fires his gun, next thing he knows it feels like his shoulder is being ripped apart he screams and falls to the floor. He hears John shoot his gun, but it sounds muffled, almost as if he is dreaming. 'Maybe this is just a dream' he thinks to himself letting his eyes drift shut.

His eyes shoot open and he lets out a loud grunt as John puts pressure on his wound, Sherlock's not there, 'he's probably getting help' Greg thinks to himself

"Greg stay with us, an ambulance is on its way. Stay awake Greg, come on" John says, gregs eyelids are getting heavy he try's to follow johns advice but can't help it, the ground is so comfortable.

Mycroft returns from his leg work three days later, at 3 in the morning. He knows that Greg is at home and probably still awake so he heads to gregs house instead of his own. He unlocks the door, knowing where Greg kept his spare, and heads inside. Greg's not in the living room, but as Mycroft looks around, it seems as though Greg hasn't been back to his house in days. He immediately starts to panic and pulls out his phone. No new texts from Gregory, he texts him, no answer. So he calls, a lump forming in his throat. Three long rings later and someone picks up.

"Hello?" The woman says and Mycroft can't speak for a second he's so worried.

"Hello, is detective lestrade there?" Mycroft asks, clearing his throat.

"Uh yes, but he can't exactly talk right now. May I ask who this is?" The woman asks and Mycroft continues to panic.

"This is his-" he cuts himself off, he doesn't know what to call himself "partner Mycroft" he finally decides on, "please tell me what happened" he says, nervously pacing the floor of gregs apartment.

"He was shot during a sting operation he's at the queen Elizabeth hospital." she says and mycrofts throat goes dry.

"Thank you" he chokes out, he hangs up and texts his driver, he needs to see Gregory ASAP.

His driver comes and he is already waiting, he practically jumps in and tells him to drive. They arrive at the hospital in twenty minutes, ten too long if you as Myc.

He rushes into the hospital and, heads to the front desk. The secretary tells him where to go, also telling him he can't run in the hospital. Myc is in gregs room in one minute, due to a nurse chastising him for running.

He sees Greg on the bed and his throat drys up, his hearts beating heavily against his chest. "Oh god, Gregory..." he whispers out hoarsely, tears pricking his eyes. He goes to gregs side and gently grabs his hand. Greg doesn't move.

"Gregory, it's me Mycroft" he whispers, pulling a spare chair up to the hospital bed. "I'm back now darling, I'm never going to leave you again" he says, stroking the side of gregs face, a few tears rolling off of his own cheeks. He yells at himself in his head for crying, he knows it's weak that gregs okay, he's not dead, but seeing him like this. He doesn't know why, but it hurts him.

Of course he knows why he just can't admit it, he's in love, he loves Gregory lestrade. Yet he's never even said it, he might not be able to say it to him. He chokes out a sob, "Gregory please, I love you...." he whispers as he squeezes gregs hand.

He stays as Greg's side all through the night and early morning, only leaving to use the bathroom. It's around noon when gregs eyes flutter open Mycroft misses this, he's dozing in his chair. Greg turns his head slightly.

"Myc?.." he whispers out, his voice hoarse from not being used. Mycs Head snaps up and he's by gregs side in a second grabbing his hand.

"Gregory you're awake!" Mycroft says, not even trying to hide the excitement in his voice, or the tears pricking his eyes.

"That I am... " he says and Mycroft runs his hands through gregs hair.

"Can I kiss you?" Mycroft whispers and Greg smiles

"Of course you can" he says and Myc leans in, giving him a soft gentle kiss, tears still falling from his eyes as he pulls away.

"I'm so glad you're okay..." Mycroft whispers and Greg squeezes his hand, smiling. "I don't know what I would've done if you weren't... you mean the world to me Gregory... I love you..." his voice is almost inaudible at the last part.

"I love you too Myc" Greg smiles saying this as he squeezes mycrofts hand, who smiles back.

Sorry that this took so long to get out
I found out that one of my teachers has cancer
And there's been a shooting threat at my school
So it's been awhile since I could have time to write, I should be back on schedule soon tho <3