Care

Lance's POV

I tried getting the honey haired girl to notice me.
"Hey! Tater Tot!" I whispered across to Pidge. She ignored me.
Hopefully I can get to her. Usually the other girls fall for me.. Just like that one from this morning...
I kept tapping her shoulder. Suddenly, a hand slapped my desk.
"Knock it off, lover boy! I'm not interested in you!" She spat and turned back towards the teacher.
"You're really cute when you get mad, Pidge."
Her faced flushed with pink.
"Lance, next time you-"
She was cut off by the bell.
"Hmm? What were you trying to say?" I grabbed my books and got ready to leave.
"Don't call me cute." Pidge said before taking her books and storming off.

TIMESKIP TO LUNCH

I got out of class and went to find a table to sit at.
A group of girls walked by giggling.
"Hey, ladies, going anywhere special?" I asked, while using finger guns.
They giggled again and one of the girls looked up at me.
She was tall, pretty, and she had grey eyes.
"We're just going to go sit outside, would you like to come with us?" She asked, with a twinkle in her eye.
"You bet I'll-" I was suddenly pushed from behind, causing me to fall on the girl.
"Oh. Sorry. Maybe next time you should focus on moving instead of flirting." And with that, they walked away.
I then heard a muffled "Get off me."I turned my attention to the grey eyed girl, and I got up, dusting myself off.
I held my hand out to help the girl up. She looked at me, got up, huffed and walked off with her friends.
I had nowhere else to sit.
I saw Pidge sitting by another boy. I immediately recognized him as Hunk.
He was laughing with her. I watched as her whole body shook with every laugh. My cheeks grew warm. Maybe I can sit with them.
I walked over to where they sat, and slid next to Pidge.
"Well hey there, Tater tot!" I said as I put my arm around the small girls shoulders.
"Um...Lance?" Hunk looked at me with a quizzical expression on his face.
"Lance, your bony arm is hurting me. Get off." She peeled my arm off of her and scooted closer to the end of the table.
"Lance... shouldn't you be trying to woo the girls?" Hunk took a bite of his sandwich. Pidge drank her water.
"Nah. I like it here. I think I'll stay."
Pidge almost spit out her water.
I put my arm around her and pulled her closer to me.
"Yea.. I'm gonna stay.."

::HOLY HECK THIS IS SHORT IM SORRY! Since it's Sunday I probably won't update till Friday cause school sucks. I hope this is a good enough chapter. If this was too short, go look at my old art! I'll be posting more soon! That's all for now, xoxo Maddie💧🌱::