#25

"Do you ever wonder what if we had different animagus?" Sirius asked to nobody in particular. "What if I was a giraffe! Or if Prongs was an ant."

"I wish I could be a different creature," Remus muttered. "Pawn to E-four."

"I'd rather be in love with a wolf boy instead of a dung beetle boy."

James mumbled incoherently in agreement as he and Peter were in an intense match of tic-tac-toe. 

"Same," Peter said - though Sirius was sure he didn't listen to a word he had just said. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Remus pondered. He surveyed the chess board thinking of his next move when it dawned on him. "Wait - what did you just say?"

Sirius bit his lip, "Uh - you know. If I were a girl I'd rather be with a werewolf instead of a dude who can turn into a gross animal, you know?" His eyes anxiously darted between Remus's, hoping he'd catch along.

"Oh. Yeah."

Sirius let out a breath of relief, "Knight to J-four."

Remus silently watched the knight take out his bishop, but his mind was elsewhere. Maybe the lack of sleep from the previous night was playing tricks on him. He almost thought Sirius was saying he liked him. How absurd! 

But the craziest part was that he didn't mind at all... "Queen to F-six."