#45

James sat at his desk, nibbling the end of his quill while doodling. Professor Binns was going off about some boring plant discovered in 1779 and half the class was asleep. He leaned back, unsure what to do. In front of him was Sirius and Remus. James leaned back into his chair, folding a piece of parchment into a paper airplane to chuck at Sirius' head, but found something much more entertaining to do.

People watch.

Remus glanced at Sirius every other second as he took notes. Sirius, on the other hand, was picking a stain off his robes from breakfast. It wasn't just a casual glance. It was the glance. And what better person to know about admiring someone from afar than himself?

Sirius bobbed his knee up and down out of habit. When it brushed against Remus' leg, James noticed the boy's cheeks flush.

Odd.

"Sirius sit still," Remus whispered.

"I'm bored," Sirius whined. He dropped his robe sleeve and dramatically sighed.

"Why don't you take notes then?"

"Because that's even more boring. I want to go run around the corridors and put custard in Slughorn's trousers."

"Padfoot why can't you just focus?"

"I only focus on things I actually like."

"Such as?"

"You."

James' eyes widened and he refrained from letting his jaw drop. Remus blanked momentarily before responding, "What's wrong with history? And would stop shaking your leg! It's distracting."

"You don't like footsie?" Sirius teased, brushing his foot up Remus' calf with a laugh.

James snickered, quietly thinking to himself. Merlin Moony's clueless...