Another Prologue: First Meeting

• Dedicated to Jess

When I was 2, me and my friend, Bonnie, would go to kindergarten together. We would fight each other or fight as a team. Then came the day when her house sold. Her family had bought a house in Australia. I'd still be talking to her now if her mum and Tina could actually be nice to each other. The day after she left I was sat by the door all day waiting for her to come. It hurt my face the amount of times the door opened on me. I didn't mind, every time the door opened and I got bashed in the face I would stand up and expect to see Bonnie but she never came. The next day was the same, and the day after.

A week after she'd left, I finally gave up. I'd still sit by the door but when someone came in I sat there only looking hopeful. One time a girl came and sat about 3 metres away from me. I ignored her, until she shuffled closer. Then I attacked. I got her on the ground and started a fight, everyone, as usual, joined in. I was tough, didn't cry, even though I got punched twice and piled on once.

I had bruises all over my body. Tina never asked, she was too busy telling me stable stuff. The next day at kindergarten I stayed the same, the minute girl did same. I didn't hurt her, or even ignore her. I was hesitant at first but I soon realized that she was trying to be nice. I waved at her and offered a massive beam. She grinned back and sat at the carpet next to me.

We were silent, and suddenly she spoke in the voice you'd expect from a two year old, "you were friends with Bonnie, weren't you?" I nodded sadly, "I don't mean to upset you or anything but she's gone to Australia."

"Where's Australia?" I asked. She told me and tears began to well up my eyes and made my vision blurry. She then said, "It's OK. Just because she's gone doesn't mean you have no friends." I was about to say that I didn't 'cause my friend moved to the edge of the world, I thought the world was flat then, but she interrupted by whispering, "You have me..."

We soon knew each other really well. She was a good influence. When there were fights she would crawl up into the corner and cry. That didn't help her chances of not getting hurt. All the people who started the fight started on a weakling. I started covering her over in the fights, I never joined in unless they hurled at Rose, the shy girl.

As I said me and Rose grew up together from 2 1/2. She wanted to buy a horse but didn't have the room. That's when I began talking to my mum. I brought Rose round and she brought her mum, Susan. Let's say my mum preferred Susan to Bonnie's mum.

So now you know Rose. Kitty as I said before came in Year 4 at Primary. Rose had joined School Council. Our school had made sure if someone new came the School Council Representative from that year would show them round. Rose said Kitty was a funny and made jokes out of the things she said about the teachers.

When I met her she was a even nicer then my friend, Rachel. In Year 6 she became so popular that she bullied me. I'd told her everything about me and then she used it against me then. I hated pity. Don't give me pity!
Finally I get to Tom. We met three years ago. We were at a equestrian event. I was winning and he was runner-up. Tom came over after scowling at me the whole time. I thought "three strikes and you're out" rule was sounding good.
"You're good... For a girl." Sexism-first mistake, "but I'll let you off because you look like your mouldy horse," insulting my horse- second error, "I'm gonna go, now because I think I'm catching 'Daddy's Girl' disease." Mocking my dead dad- third and final strike. He smirked at me and began to walk away.
"Weirdo... I will never want to go out with you!" I yelled, drawing attention to us. He blushed and ran away. My job was done.

Now you know everyone I needed you to know.

***************
Photo at the top dedicated to Jess for making it. Xx. Well done, bæ!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^