Chapter Four

"What did you do to him?!" Ray yelled angrily. He clenched his jaw and balled his hands into fists. "Oh calm down Captain Man. All I did was give him a little shot that helped him see things more clearly and swear his loyalty to me." Dr. Minyak said with a wicked grin. Ray could feel the mixture of anger and sadness swelling inside him. He could feel a pain in his heart as he looked at his sidekick. No not just his sidekick or even a friend, Henry was his brother. And he would do anything to get him back. "Let him go before I make you regret you were ever born!" Ray yelled. "I'm afraid I can't do that. Kid Danger, take him down for me will you." Dr. Minyak said as he motioned over to Captain Man. Kid Danger turned towards Captain Man and began charging after him. Ray gasped and raised his arms to block a punch. "Kid look you're not yourself right now but I can help you." Ray said as he dodged attacks. Kid Danger ignored every word. Henry was getting to be too fast for Ray due to his hyper motility. In order to protect himself Ray swung his fist in defense. He hoped he wouldn't hurt Henry too bad. He closed his eyes as he felt himself make contact. He opened his eyes to see Henry holding his nose as blood trickled through his fingers. Ray looked down and saw blood splattered on his glove as well. He felt sick to his stomach seeing Henry's blood on his own hand. Ray couldn't take this anymore. He grabbed his little blaster out of his utility belt. He knew this would hurt but the pain would only be temporary. Plus he knew it would be nonlethal. He also picked a few smoke pellets he'd stored in his belt. Kid Danger got ready to run at him again but this time Captain Man was prepared. He raised his blaster and shot Kid Danger in the shoulder. He fell to his knees clutching his shoulder and groaning in pain. Ray then threw down the pellets and the room was filled with a thick gray fog. Ray ran out of the building and got back to the Man Van. He stopped for a moment to catch his breath and compose himself. But it was no use. The tears that he'd been holding back finally fell free. The van was filled with soft sobs. Ray wiped the tears from his face. Crying wouldn't help Henry. He took a deep breath and started the drive back to the Man Cave. He was hopeful that Schwoz would be able to figure out some way to fix this. Back in the old building the smoke had finally dissipated. Dr. Minyak and Nurse Cohort checked up on Kid Danger. They looked over his injuries that they knew would have to be treated. "Captain Man escaped." Nurse Cohort said as she looked over Henry's bloody nose. Dr. Minyak rubbed his fingers over Henry scorched and bruised shoulder. "Don't worry, he'll be back. And when he does we'll be ready and we'll destroy him once and for all." Dr. Minyak said with an evil smirk.