Chapter Nine

Captain Man and Kid Danger watched as the police shoved Dr. Minyak and Nurse Cohort into a police cruiser. "So are you gonna tell me what happened?" Kid Danger asked. Captain man sighed. He knew he'd have to answer that question eventually no matter how much he didn't want to. "Well what do you remember?" He asked. "I remember being capture by Dr. Minyak then I was in a dark room and Dr. Minyak was rambling on about something. Then there was pain and darkness. Then I woke up with you on top of me." Kid Danger explained. "Well Dr. Minyak put some sort of serum in your blood that allowed him to control your mind. I was able to get some of your blood and Schwoz created an antidote." Captain Man told him. Kid Danger sighed and looked at the ground. His breathing was ragged and Captain Man swore he saw a tear fall down his cheek. Captain Man grabbed his shoulders and forced him to look at him. "Henry it's ok I promise. I will never let him or anyone get to again I promise you that." Captain Man said firmly. Kid Danger smiled and jumped into Captain Man's arms and hugged him tightly. He buried his face in his chest. "Thank you Ray." Kid Danger said just above a whisper. Captain Man smiled and just hugged him tighter. "You're welcome Kid, you're welcome." Captain Man said. He made a promise in his head that he would never let something like this happen again. He would protect his sidekick, his honorary little brother, no matter what the cost was. Captain Man pulled out of the hug but he left his hand on the boy's shoulders. "Let's get you home Kid." Captain Man said. They then started their walk to the Man Van to go back to the cave.