6: Surprise? [1/2]

Song Suggestion: Menswear - The 1975

Perrie had notified everyone of inviting them to her home on the weekend. It had initially been Scarlett and Eleanor, but she had decided to increase the number of guests, inviting the rest of the table.

"I'm up for it." Niall had said, leaning back in his chair coolly. The rest of the boys had murmured in agreement except for the one and only Harry.

"I can't. I'm looking after Charlie." Harry had said. While everyone had nodded in understanding, Scarlett stared at Harry in utter confusion. She didn't speak up about her curiosity because Perrie was already telling her about how horrible her English teacher was.

So now, as their history lesson had ended, she considered asking Harry about Charlie. But what if he hadn't told her about this person for the reason of not wanting her to know?

"Okay, something is obviously bothering you." Harry had said as they walked out of the classroom.

She gazed at Harry calculatingly, watching him smile and wave at the surrounding people.

She was always amazed at just how popular the boy was, wherever he walked, shouts and greetings would be heard by male companions. As for the females? They remained quiet, their eyes and sly smiles the only things revealing just how desperately they wanted him.

"Scarlett?"

As her name rolled off his tongue, she wondered why she was the one who had the privilege to hear her name from his lips. Was it some kind of coincidence that Harry had ended up befriending such a strange girl as her? Why out of all people did he chose her?

But those were not the questions she asked him, instead it was a simple "Who is Charlie?"

She watched as his eyes softened the slightest, the smallest of smiles tracing his lips.

"Charlie is my utterly sweet yet demonic 10 year old of a sister."

"Is that so?" Scarlett asked, feeling her stomach flutter for some reason at the thought of Harry hugging his sister.

He nodded with a hum of affirmation.

"But it feels as if the girl is much older."

Scarlett smiled, thinking of her own brother.

"Funny." She muttered watching the students pass them as she waited for Harry to put his books back in his locker.

"And why is that?" Harry asked, now shutting his locker door.

"I have a younger brother. Nick, quite a contradicting 11 year old who just happens to think like a 22 year old." She said through a smile, thinking about all the times he had proved her wrong in their many arguments.

"Well I think Charlie would love to meet this Nick of yours."

Scarlett was already shaking her head. "Oh gosh no. He barely talks to anyone in his grade, let alone girls."

Harry chuckles, "Give him time. Maybe Charlie can be of good use to him." Harry winks as Scarlett's baffled eyes meet his.

"You really think so?" She asked while they were now walking to the cafeteria.

"You never know until you try. Maybe Nick just needs someone."

"He has me though." Scarlett says, not understanding Harry's ways.

"No Scarlett, I'm saying someone that's like him. Someone who can understand him. Someone who can relate to him. Don't get me wrong Scarlett, you're probably a wonderful sister but I think he needs a friend, someone who is considered to be his age."