1• The Beginning

"Mia!" Eren yelled, storming through her door. He ran to the foot of her bed, shaking her legs. But she barely reacted to him, giving only one irked sigh under her breath.

The blonde girl knew if she didn't say anything, he wouldn't leave. That was just who Eren Jaeger was. She hazily opened her eyes, a bright light straining past the two kids who laid in front of her. Eren goes to shake her arm, but Mikasa stops him.

" What do you two want?" She sat up, rubbing her eyes. The light settled, as did her surroundings. Mia looked towards her dresser, jumping out of bed to grab the jacket that sat upon it.

Eren grinned, a gleam shining off his smile. "Armin is waiting for us! We got to go!"

She rolled her eyes, picking up her hairbrush. Mia looked to Mikasa, sharing a bored look. "I don't care."

" Yeah, we get it. You don't care about anything but come on!" Eren grabbed her wrist, yanking her back and dragging her straight out the door.

——

" Why did you tell my parents?!" He screamed, flaring his hands out to Mikasa.

Mia rolled her eyes, glancing towards the quiet Armin. They both held the steady eyes of boredom. It was a usual mood they held, with the ongoing fighting of Mikasa and Eren, them sitting and wallowing in their own ennui was as common as famine in Wall Maria.

" Because what you're planning on doing is reckless. You'll get yourself killed, Eren. "

Mia nodded, agreeing with Mikasa's point. She had known Eren far longer than both her and Armin. And with that, Mia could concur that her friend wasn't exactly humanity's greatest hope.

" Even if i do, at least it'll be better than being in this shithole."

Both the girls rolled their eyes. Mia didn't see such a problem with it, as long as she was secure, it didn't matter where she was. The girl just didn't care.

" Yeah...i agree with Eren. I mean, shouldn't we be striving to venture out the walls?" Armin looked to the sky, " Who's to say that we're safe in here?"

Soft screams panged the ears of each of the kids, the ground trembling beneath them. Mia shot up, her eyes alert and fixed to the pebbles that quivered on the cobbled stairs.

Eren stood next to his friend, glancing everywhere in search of the possessor of the screeches. " Uh...what's...what's going on?"

Mikasa and Eren look to each other, their eyes sharing the very same look. Fear. Armin covers his face with his palms, each menacing scream sending a chill down his spine.

A daunting shadow laid over their heads, the light ceasing. And as Mia raised her head, a tremble leaving the pit of her throat, the words she wished to yell were spoken for her.

"EVERYONE RUN! TITANS HAVE BREACHED THE WALL! "

And in the moment, all the four could do was stare. The giant loomed over the wall, It's body exposed to nothing but muscled flesh. In an instant, the wall crumbled as its foot bared. People soared through the air, rocks flying with them. Blood coated their senses and anguish would soon coat their lives.

Mia whipped around, her teeth gritted together. She knew death would soon take its place if she didn't act quickly, it wasn't that she was worried it was her life she'd lose. She was certain of that. But as both Eren and Armin cowered, she knew their chances were slim.

"Armin, get to your grandfather." She grabbed both Mikasa and Eren's wrist, and yanked them backwards. She shot down the road, letting go once they were far enough away.