36 • Losing it All

THANK YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH FOR
3 k READS!! This is freaking insane oml, I love U guys so much and I'd like to thank each and every one of you for helping me get here! I hope you have all enjoyed my story and are ready for more !!

So let's get on with the chapter!

- Levi's POV-

Eren confessed his love for Mia. My heart suddenly sank when I heard his words, despite knowing that Mia loves me, i still find it uncomfortable to know that I'm now competing for her alongside Jaeger.

I walk away, from where Mia stood, now un wanting to run to her like I had wished to before.

' it can wait.. ' I whisper , almost trying to convince myself. " No, no it can't. " a voice from the shadows calls out to me, I freeze in my tracks, attempting to recognize the voice.

" Cadet, you should be inside. " i order, trying to remain composed. She walks out the darkness, the moon light shining upon her dull face.

" I'm sorry, sir, but i need -" Mikasa starts, it's obvious how hard she must be taking the new found information as her usual solemn composure has now been replaced by a somewhat stiff one. " we need to talk to them. "
She says

I glance at her, and give a simple nod. I understand where her uncomfortable demeanor comes from as I had experienced it merely minutes ago.

We walk towards the two culprits and though the darkness hides most of our features, not even the night could rid our intimidating selves as we approach them.

But not even the dimmest of lights could hide the gawking expression when both of us gaze upon the utmost destruction that consumed the forest, leaving only a darkened Mia standing there, solemnly.

- Mia's POV -

My breathing begins to hitch when I notice just the amount of damage I caused, I feel my palms begin to heat up ,especially when I notice the unconscious Eren laying beneath the remnants of a tree.

" Eren! " I call out, by now my anger has disappeared and all I could worry about is the fate of my friend - well, once friend.

I crouch down towards the boy, noticing the blood pooling from his ears. " No- no- no! " I yell, holding the boy in my arms, thankfully steam begins to emit from his ears and his breathing returns and as does mine when I realize I had been holding it, since I saw him.

I drop Eren, and scope the left overs of the forest, my face grows concerned as I begin to realize just how powerful I really am. It's scary, all this power yet so little control.

" Mia. " suddenly a voice  calls to me, and my eyes widen when I connect just who the voice is. I whip my head around and notice the scolding Ackerman cousins - Levi and Mikasa.

He came back

A small smile starts to form on my face when I see Levi, though his expression still remains the same, I can't help but hope that maybe - just maybe, it will be okay in the end.

" Stop Smiling, cadet. " He commands, but I refuse to comply as the sound of his voice is great enough to last me a life time.

" Mia, what the hell is this? " Mikasa asks me, her frown deepening. Honestly I'm surprised she hasn't rushed to Erens side yet.

" W-What do you mean? " I ask

" Don't be an idiot, Solera. There was a forest here two minutes ago! Where did it go? " Levi questions, i blink at him a couple times before answering. " I kinda, might of, screamed a little to loud.. " I chuckle half heartedly. They both blink at me in disbelief, but honestly I'm not sure whose more astonished, me or them. They seem to be shocked by my ability but I can't seem to get over the fact that they haven't mentioned the incident between Eren and I yet.

"Agh.. where am I ? " Erens little voice squeaks out, I roll my eyes still annoyed at him. I notice Levi's eye narrowing at the boy with pure disgust and all I can do is smirk at least until I notice Mikasa's face, who has an image of hurt, washing over it. I forgot that she loved him, just like I love Levi.

" Le- i mean, sir, can we go somewhere else, please ? " I ask, hinting at Levi to walk with me so we can leave Mikasa and Eren alone.

" Fine. " Levi replies, grunting out a huff of annoyance.

We walk towards the only standing tree left and I rest my back upon it, while Levi stands, arms crossed.

At first, we both stare at each other, unknowing of what to say. " Levi, I just wanna sa- " he cuts me off, as he gently raises a hand, dismissing me.

" Don't. " he answers, his voice much colder than usual. I cock an eyebrow at him, unsure of what to do next so, I do what the ' old ' Mia would of done, and not listened.

" No, listen to me shorty. " I tease, but his face bares no other emotion unlike the usual smirk he would give me when I called him that.

" Levi, I'm sorry and I know, you've heard me say this before but I swear - it's you and onl- " he cuts me off once more, raising his hand again. His eyes drift downwards, before meeting mine and for a split second I see what I would call sadness, fear starts to grow over me as I can only wonder what this new emotion I have seen in Levi could mean.

" Mia, we're over. "

And just like that, my world crumbled down once more.