72• Sisters

The sun rose over the hills. The gentle light of its rays casting a shade through Mia's open window. She scowled, huffing a breath as she tore off her blanket.

She trudged towards her window and heaved the curtains shut once more. Mia had been back only two days, and had already sworn that she'd escape the castle and find some lock to put on her door.

Levi seemed to insist on waking her up everyday at six am and she just couldn't bear it. Mia pulled her jacket over her shoulders, quickly fixing the ends of her hair.

Walking down the stairs, she feared who she'd see. Her stomach twisted at every sound of a step but she was particularly nervous of seeing one person.

She peaked her head around the corner, her eyes fixed on the queen, Historia. Her heart paced, she could bearly even watch as Historia spoke to one of the farmers.

After what she had found out back in the day of the battle, Mia couldn't grasp on how to act. She hated being away from her friends for four years, hated it with everything inside of her but at least she didn't have to think of this.

Didn't have to think of how Historia was her sister.

The girl she despised most, probably even more than Zeke Jaeger, himself. She was her sister. And as much as Mia hated to admit, she could very well see the resemblance.

She waited for her moment, smiling when Historia turned her cheek and quickly ran down the stairs. Mia was meant to meet Levi, but it wasn't like she cared that she was late anyway.

Mia ran into the dinning hall, smiling as she met the eyes of Levi. His heart swelled, it still felt surreal having her home.

" Morning, shortie!" She chirped, giving Levi a side hug. He laid his arm over her shoulder, gently placing his lips on her forehead.

" It's noon, dumbass."

Her smile faltered and instead, out came a laugh. Levi merely rolled his eyes, ruffling her long hair. " You should really cut this, you know. It can be caught by a titan or some shit."

She raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. "Please, like they could catch me."

" Well if a piece of a wood could, i really don't think it's all that hard."

Her jaw dropped, her chest rumbling with a rage she hadn't felt in months. Mia narrowed her eyes, raising her fist to meet his arm but as his smirk grew, they never made contact.

" Why do you always want to hit people?" Jean held her wrist, gently placing it down to her side.

" I don't want to hit him. I want to annihilate him."

Jean sighed, making eye contact with Levi. A soft smile pulled across both their lips, watching Mia as she struggled to pull away from Jeans grip.

" Captain was just making a joke, Mi, it wasn't that bad." Mia growled, turning back to her boyfriend.

Her chest heaved, as she cracked a tiny grin. A desperate plea to move over her irritation for the death that she knew was laughable.

Levi smirked, his eyes flicking down to hers. "But you know what was bad? Dying from an oversized splinter."

Jean stood astounded, his mouth wide open. He feared even taking a glance at Mia, but he already knew of the face she held.

Her eyes latched onto his, another sinister smile lacing her lips. All emotion ceased from her eyes, and if it weren't for it being Levi, anyone would have fainted at the sight.

" I'm going to-" the sound of the door opening stopped her. The nearing clanking heels sending chills down Mia's spine. " you know on second thought...I think I need to go-"

She whipped around and met the face she so sorely feared. " Amelia! You're home!"

Mia gritted her teeth, whispering merciless words through her lips. That name. That damned name. She had thought that after knowing everyone since she was twelve, that they'd get the clue.

But still, here the blonde stood, hearing her full name once more by the person she liked least. Mia eyed her from top to bottom, she hadn't seen her without her cloak yet.

Her glare slowly moved up to her stomach and stopped. " What the fuck."

Both Jean and Levi appeared at her side, fearing the worst of what she'd do when she found out the truth. " Who the hell would impregnate you, geography?"

Historia shifted in place, rubbing her forearm. The smile she held faltered, her mind coming to a halt when she realized how she should have known Mia would have questioned it first.

" Well..."

She quickly raised her hands up, shaking them in front of her. " No, no, no! I don't want to actually know. "That's crazy..." her eyes flickered to the door, Eren catching her eye at the arch of it. " you're crazy."

" Mia, that's not know how you treat the queen." Levi reprimanded, placing his hand on her waist. He understood why she had become so hostile towards Historia, other than Mia herself, Levi was the only one who knew of the file.

" Wait, there's a queen here?" She placed her hands on her cheeks, widening her eyes as if dumbfounded. " Where?"

Jean sighed, laying out his arm to pull Mia away from the situation but she had already taken flight. She grinned at the three, rolling her eyes the moment her smile hit Historia.

" Look, I have people to see and you-" she pointed to Historia, " to avoid. See ya."

" Yeah, yeah. See you tonight, Blondie." Levi said, watching her as she scurried off towards the door and right to Eren.

Thankfully, Mia had noticed him by the doorway. Initially to her he'd be her escape, like she had always used him for in the past, but now she had a different goal.

Her heart raced every time she met his eyes but it wasn't the same feeling for him as before. When she first reunited with him properly, memories and all, it was different. It was cold.

His eyes had hardened, the bright glimmer of hope he once possessed, that though always annoyed Mia, was gone. He stood so lively but looked far from it. She knew she had to understand it, even if her love for him was diminishing slowly for resent, she'd do everything to figure out why.

He was her best friend, that was her sworn promise.

" Hey, Jaeger. Ready to go?" She shoved his shoulder, smirking.

" Where?"

Eren had stood by her in all her years of self mourning, the days she never cared for anything or anyone. To Mia, it was only right to do the same for him.

No matter what it risked. Or no matter what it took. She'd be there, just like he always was.

But if only Mia knew what that would risk.

And just what she'd lose.

" Training, duh. I kinda wanted to see those shitty moves of yours in action."