28• The Aftermath

Authors note -

THANK YOU GUYS IM LITERALLY SO SHOOK OMG, 1000 reads!!!!! This is insane! Thank you all so much - you have gave me a new happiness in which I've never felt before! So thank you, thank you all so much.

Could of never done it without you. The little time you put into reading a part of my story is enough to give me a smile beyond belief. You all mean so much to me!

Okay, now let's get on with chapter 28 !!

———

- Jeans POV -

Mia's seemingly lifeless body began to plummet to the ground, my eyes widen in shock at the sight of her flimsy body but quickly realization takes place and I speed towards her as swiftly as possible.

I catch her in my arms, as she sinks into me. Her weight making my arms droop down, her hair covers her face but I can clearly see her blue eyes shining through - though her eyes are slightly closed, the impecable light that cascades though her eyes is blinding enough.

"Oh Mia, you really gotta stop falling for me. " i tease her, though she's barely conscious a smirk appears on her dimly blue lips.

" only when you stop catching me horse face " she says, before drifting off in my arms.

-/-/~ flashback ~/-/-

" Why are you still up ? "  I turn my head to the voice, and see Mia standing in the doorway.

" Can't sleep. " I say, turning my back to her.

The cold air rushed over me, pulling my vision up to the starry night sky.

" Kinda ugly huh? " Mia sits next to me, our elbows touching.

I look at her, shocked how she could believe something as grand as the sky can be so 'ugly'

But she was right, because when I looked at her not even the sky could compare to her own Beauty.

" I mean- it's just a big black nothing with a few white dots. It's so stupid how easily impressed people are these days " she rolls her eyes.

I can't help but let my cheeks turn red and once again my awkward tendency takes over-

" a-ahh not as beautiful as your eyes ! " 

What the fuck- Marcos gonna give me so much shit when he finds out what i said!

I don't even wanna imagine what Jaeger will do to me !

Mia's face distorts into what could only be said to be disgust and I mentally slap myself.

" You're such an idiot. " she teases, nudging me .

Our faces inches apart I lean into her, gasping at the sheer density in which her eyes posses, the light gleamed on to them imitating the night sky on her starry eyed self.

We close the gap between one another and each is slow and lusty, but yet I feel nothing.

No warmth, no yearning for more, no love -nothing.

We both pull away, Mia must feel the same because she looks disheartened. I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly and she just stares at me crossing her arms.

" Lets never do that again. " she says, and I only nod in agreement.

" this never happened? " 

" Nope. You better not tell anyone Kirstein or I'll feed you to the titans. " she says raising an eyebrow at me - her signature expression disincluding the blank one she always carries.