12

Casey was actually happy for once. His dad stuck to his word and was getting better and Casey couldn't ask for anything better. He had been acting like Cameron's guardian for so long, so now that that pressure was off of him, he could focus on something else for a change. Like his and Jace's friendship.

Casey needed to talk to Jace as soon as he could. He needed to apologize for being an asshole. Casey can admit that he was an asshole towards Jace. As much as this wasn't an excuse; Casey was scared. He was scared of what he was feeling towards the blonde-haired boy. He felt attraction toward Jace, and that scared him a lot. He had never been attracted to a boy before and it scared him so much that he lashed out aggressively towards Jace. He needed to apologize.

Casey walked around the school until he reached Jace's locker. Jace always stopped at his locker before class. Casey had a small smile on his face when he saw Jace. Jace was walking with Finn, and Alex as well; Finn and Alex were holding hands.

The smile of Jace's face fell when he saw Casey standing at his locker. Finn and Alex noticed and put their hands on Jace's shoulders.

"Maybe you should talk to him.. or at least listen to what he has to say, Jace," Finn suggested.

"Yeah," Alex agreed.

Jace sighed, but nodded. "Okay.. I'll hear what he has to say..." Jace said.

He kind of regretted saying that as he slowly approached his ex-best friend. What should he say? Should he let Casey talk first? What if-

"Jace.." Casey murmured, looking down at the blonde-haired boy. "I-"

"We'll be over here.." Finn said to Jace, walking off with Alex.

Jace murmured a small 'okay', then turned his attention back to Casey.

"Hi," Jace whispered, rubbing his arm anxiously.

"I-I'm sorry," Casey whimpered, hugging Jace tightly. "I'm so sorry, Jace. I'm s-so sorry!.."

Jace's eyes glossed over and he hugged Casey back. "It's okay, it's okay," he whispered into the crook of Casey's neck. Jace smiled softly as he inhaled Casey's scent. Casey smelt of cherries and vanilla; Jace loved it.

Casey smiled and looked at Jace. "Can we be friends again, Jace? I never realized how much I need you in life."

"Of course."