22

*important A/N at the end!*

The walk to the hospital felt like an eternity to Casey, when in reality it was only about twenty minutes. He kept walking until he was in front of the cities hospital. Casey stared up at the hospital for a few seconds, before going inside.

He walked down the hallways of the hospital, making his way to Jace's hospital room. He knew the way to it by heart, having been there every day since Jace was admitted.

"Afternoon, Casey," one of Jace's nurses, Heather, greeted when she saw Casey. The punk boy hummed in response, continuing his trek to Jace's hospital room. A few minutes later Casey was standing in front of the room that his comatose boyfriend had called home for the past few weeks.

Room 167.

Casey stared at the door of Jace's hospital room for a few seconds before entering. The room was silent, except for the beeps of Jace's heart monitor.

"Hey, Jace." Casey said, walking over to the hospital bed. He stared down at his boyfriend's almost lifeless body, running his hand through Jace's curly locks. "I am so sorry.. I didn't mean for this to happen, Jace."

Casey sat down next to Jace's hospital bed, grabbing Jace's limp hand. "I know you can beat this.. you're strong.." he whispered, tears filling his eyes.

The punk boy couldn't help but feel like this was all his fault. If he hadn't have scared Jace, none of this would've happened. Jace and him could've spent time together, making each other happy, but Casey had to screw it up. He always screws everything up.

Casey sat next to Jace for the rest of the day, not wanting to leave his side. Nurses came in and out of Jace's hospital room, checking up on  Jace and making sure that Casey was okay. The nurses brought food for Casey, and he was grateful. Casey ended up falling asleep at 11:34, holding his boyfriend's hand.

When Jace woke up he was confused and in a lot of pain. His whole body ached and he had a major migraine. The room was lit by bright ceiling lights.

Bright, He thought.

Too bright.

Jace looked around, confusedly. He was in a hospital room, but why? Jace's eyes landed on his sleeping boyfriend. How long had he been there? Jace squeezed Casey's hand, locking their fingers together.

Jace tried to sit up, immediately regretting doing so as sharp pain shot through his entire body. "Ouch!" He wailed, tears welling in his green eyes. Casey's eyes fluttered open from all the commotion. He blinked a few times as he stared at Jace.

"Jace! You're awake!" Casey said happily, smiling from ear to ear. "I have to let the nurses know that you're awake."

Casey quickly got up and left the hospital room to search for Jace's nurse, leaving a confused Jace laying there alone.

*
*
A/N:

I am back!

After taking a break from Wattpad for a while, I decided to come back.

Thank you so much for the support on this book. I didn't think people would like it all that much, but I am so grateful for all of my readers!

Updates might be slow as I start school in 6 days, but I will try my best to update this book.