19

The drive to Casey's house was mainly silent, other than the music on the radio that was playing softly.

Casey glanced at his boyfriend. Jace was staring out the window, his face pressed up against the cold window. He was clearly still thinking about what happened ten minutes earlier.

Casey gripped the steering wheel, angry that people were bullying his sweet boyfriend. What would have happened if he wasn't there to protect Jace? Casey almost growled at the thought of someone laying their hands on Jace.

Casey pulled into his driveway and took the keys out of the ignition. His car turned off, the cold slowly creeping into the heated vehicle.

Jace got out of his boyfriend's car and walked over to the drivers side of the car. Casey got out and pulled his boyfriend into a tight embrace, sighing into curls of Jace's hair. Jace put his head on Casey's chest, sighing as well.

"Jace,"

"Yeah, Casey?" Jace asked, looking up at the brunette punk boy.

Casey smiled and pressed a chaste kiss to Jace's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." Jace said, smiling up at his boyfriend. Casey loved him not anyone else, and in that moment, that was what Jace needed to hear the most.

Casey was confused when Jace broke out in tears. "Hey, hey.. what's wrong, babe?" He asked softly, rubbing his boyfriend's back.

Jace hiccuped. "I-I just love you so much," he said, wiping his face. "You always take care of me when I'm down, even when you feel like shit. I-I want to take care of you when you're down, too.."

Casey smiled, pressing his forehead against his boyfriend's. "You already take care of me, Jace. I would be dead without you, baby. I didn't want to live for the longest time, but I stayed for you. I might not have known it at the time, but I was madly in love with you."

"Really?.." He asked, smiling slightly.

Casey nodded, rubbing his nose against his boyfriend's. "Really."

The two of them stood there for a couple minutes, enjoying the company of each other.

"Let's go inside and out of the cold," Casey said, letting go of the blonde-haired boy.

Jace nodded and grabbed his boyfriend's hand. They walked into Casey's house, taking off all their winter clothing. Casey walked into the his bedroom, Jace following closely behind. The two watched tv in Casey's room for a while, time flying by faster than they thought.

Jace stood up. "I'm going to the washroom, okay?"

Casey nodded, his attention on the tv. Jace walked out of Casey's room. Casey giggled to himself as he thought that he should scare Jace when he got out of the bathroom. Casey got up and left his room, making his way down the hallway to the bathroom.

Casey stood outside the bathroom door, waiting for Jace to come out. The bathroom door opened and Jace walked out.

Casey held his hands up like claws. "Rawr!"

Jace jumped and stumbled back, falling backwards. Casey stood in shock, watching as Jace fell backwards.

"J-Jace?.." Casey stepped forward, his heart racing at the sight of his boyfriend.

Jace was unconscious, his limbs spread out in all different angles. Casey ran over and put his ear against his boyfriend's chest, letting out a sigh of relief when he heard Jace breathing.

Casey stood up and stared at Jace, tears in his eyes. Casey shakily grabbed his phone and dialled 911.