13

Everything was going good between Jace and Casey. They had fallen back into their friendship without hesitation and it seemed like everything was going right for them. The four of them; Casey, Jace, Finn and Alex; had all been hanging out together a lot. This was their group of friends now, and no one could hurt them; at least that's what they thought.

Casey and Alex walked down the hallway, talking amongst themselves. They were headed to Jace's locker, and then Finn's. They did this every morning, it was routine for them.

A smile made it's way across Casey's face as him and Alex approached their small, blonde-haired friend. Jace smiled at the two punk boys, smiling brighter towards the one that he was falling for.

Despite wanting to, Jace refrained from telling Casey about his feelings towards him. He didn't want to ruin their friendship, and it was clear to Jace that Casey was straighter than a ruler. He wasn't 'a fag' as he phrased it, so Jace just stayed quiet.

The three walked towards their other friends' locker. Alex smiled at his boyfriend as they walked over to him.

"Hi, guys!" Finn exclaimed, smiling. He hugged all of them, a thing that the other three boys had grown used to.

Jace smiled at the shortest out of their friend group. "Hi, Finn!" He said.

"So I was thinking," Finn started, grabbing his books out of his locker. Alex instinctively took them from Finn, claiming that Finn shouldn't have to carry all those heavy books. "That We should all hang out on the weekend. Maybe at Jace's house, if that's okay with your mum Jace?"

"I'll ask her after school." Jace said.

"Yay!" Finn said. "We're going to have so much fun! Jace and I will plan stuff for us four to do, and you guys just have to show up I guess."

*

Jace and Finn were at Jace's house up in his room. They were setting up all the things that they were going to do with their punk friends. The two pastel-loving boys decided that they would watch a movie first, and they were determined to paint the punk boys' nails a colour other than black. They would try to convince them to try on some of Jace's clothes, but neither Jace or Finn expected that the punks would.

The door bell rang and Jace's mum smiled when she saw Casey.

"Casey, it's so good to see you," she smiled. "Jace and Finn are up in Jace's room!"

"Thanks Mrs. Li," Casey said. Casey and Alex walked up the stairs and into Jace's room.

Jace smiled brightly when he saw the two. "Hi!" He exclaimed, making his way over to them. Jace hugged both of them, and then Finn did. "We're going to have so much fun!"

Casey and Alex looked at each other then at Jace and Finn. "Okay."

Three of them sat on the floor in front of the TV while Jace went downstairs to get some snacks. He brought a big bowl of popcorn up as well as some candy that his mum had bought for him and his friends. Jace also grabbed a big blanket to wrap around them.

Jace plopped down beside Casey, while Finn sat in Alex's lap. Alex has his arms wrapped around Finn's waist and Finn was smiling.

"What movie are we watching?" Casey asked, looking at his short best friend.

Jace smiled brightly, starting the movie. "We're going to watch a couple movies. I was thinking we watch a comedy movie, then a horror movie, and then a Disney movie so that I don't have nightmares tonight."

Casey laughed, putting his arm around Jace's shoulders. "Okay, then."

Jace smiled and cuddled into Casey. Friends cuddle with each other, right? They're just friends that are cuddling with each other. No homo, right?

The four of them watched all the movies, Jace hiding behind Casey during all of the horror movie. Casey didn't mind though. Casey couldn't help but smile when he felt Jace cuddling into him. It made his heart beat quickly, but in a good way. Casey didn't understand, so he just ignored the feeling that he felt in his chest towards his blonde-haired friend.

Jace looked up at Casey. "Can I paint your nails?" He asked, smiling. At this Finn jumped up and asked Alex the same thing.

They groaned, but nodded anyways. Casey secretly loved when Jace got excited about small things like painting someone nails. Jace and Finn stood up and went over to Jace's dresser, grabbing some nail polish bottles.

Jace sat down in front of Casey and grabbed one of his hands. "You're going to love it, don't worry, Casey." Jace reassured, applying a clear base coat on all of Casey's nails.

"You think so?" Casey asked, watching Jace.

Jace grinned at him. "I know so."