INTRODUCTION

I wanted to run. I wanted to be free of this horrid pack. I hated them, I wanted revenge for what they do to me. I wanted to die. I couldn't live like this: The beatings, the insults, the fear, the starvation. It's bad enough that I was born omega of my pack.

I never knew what it was like to have freedom, to have a true family. My brother's are the alpha and beta of my pack and the first thing they did was make sure that I was the omega. I did all the housework. I washed the floors, cleaned the rooms, cooked the food, watched the pups and became the punching bag.

I was beaten everyday for no reason. They would punch me, kick me, throw things at me, whip me, cut me and the list goes on...

"STORMY! GET YOUR ASS IN THIS KITCHEN NOW!" I flinched as I heard my broth- my alpha screamed in our mind link. "Yes alpha mark."

I immediately ran to the kitchen. I saw him standing with his arms crossed, I bowed my head to show my submission. He slammed my body against the wall and held me tightly by my throat, "WHAT DID I TELL YOU TO DO?!"

I struggled against his hand and whimpered, "Wash the dishes...." He tightened his grip, cutting of my air. "AND WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I struggled to breath. He spit in my face and released me, I sunk to the floor gasping for air.

"I want you wash the dishes then wash my laundry. Understood? If you disobey me again, I won't hesitate to kill you." I nodded not trusting my voice.

That night I packed my clothes in a small sack and.... I ran. I ran as fast my frail legs would take me. I heard growling behind me.

I couldn't stop, I wouldn't. The consequence of going rogue is death. If I cross the border, I can finally be free. I'll have a chance to start fresh.

I pushed harder, forcing my body to move faster. I saw the border and smiled to myself. I felt the claws of the beta slice through my back. I screamed out in pain but I didn't stop.

The sounds of growling finally stopped as I stood on the edge of the invisible line that separated me from freedom and pain. I stepped over it and ran.

I was free. No more beatings, no more cleaning, no more abusive pack. I was finally free.

I walked through the thick bushes but suddenly stopped at the sound of a twig snapping in the distance. I spun around, my eyes widening at the sight of a massive black wolf with violet eyes growling at me.

It was obviously an alpha. He stared at me snarling, his sharp white teeth completely showing. I saw anger in his eyes, but I also saw.....confusion?

He stalked toward me, not breaking eye contact with me. I was unsure what He would do to me. He finally reached me and licked my face with his giant tongue. I heard my wolf purr and mumble something I thought I'd never hear.....

"Mate...."