Moving to Forks

I get my carry on ready, and sling my purse over my shoulder, standing up. Mom looks sad as she stands up with me, tears in her eyes.

"Are you sure about this, Cassie?" She asks worriedly, and I sigh, nodding my head. I decided to move to Forks a week ago, when Bella left, but I helped Mom with some things before she bought the ticket to the cold and rainy Forks, Washington. Bella never wanted to leave, but she did it for Mom, so she could spend more time with Phil, and have one less daughter to worry about.

"Yeah, Mom, I'm sure. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." She smiles sadly as she hugs me, and I hug her back, the tears already coming before I can stop them.

"Take care of yourself, and call me if you need anything. You know you can come back home whenever you want to." I smile, nodding as I pull away. Both her and I know that no one will be home if I go back, and I will probably end up staying in Forks for the rest of high school.

"Okay, Mom. Take care and tell Phil I said goodbye." I wasn't able to say bye to him since he had baseball practice.

"I will, sweetie, and say hi to Bella for me," she responds. I grab my baggage and head towards the gate and towards the plane. 

***********************************************************************************************

As soon as I leave the airport, I look for the cruiser that is my dad Charlie's. It doesn't take long to find it, and I run to my dad. He hugs me and I smile as I pull away from him. He smiles his crinkly-eyed smile.

"Hello, Kassie."

"Hey, Dad," I say, and he helps me with my baggage, putting it into the trunk of the cruiser. I get into the front seat and he starts driving right away.

"How was your flight?" He asks conversationally, and I smile as I look at him. 

"It was good, no problems," I answer and soon we're out of Port Angeles and closer to Forks. 

"How's Bella doing?" I ask, and he smiles wider. 

"She's doing well. She misses you, Kass."

I sigh and smile as I remember my klutz of a sister. 

"I miss her too."

He continues driving and sooner than I thought, we're pulling into the driveway of the house, where there's an ugly red-orange painted rusty Chevy and a Volvo, a black one. I smile as I see Bella walk out of the house. She runs towards me despite her bad hand-eye coordination, and I hug her back. 

"Hey, Kass. I've missed you."

I chuckle at that. "Hey, Bells, we have a lot of catching up to do."

Dad comes with us inside and I put my baggage in the room that hasn't been used for a few years now. "Well, I'll leave you to unpack," Dad says, and then leaves. A good thing about Charlie is that he doesn't hover. Bella sits down on my bed while I unpack my things, but I notice something in her expression has changed. 

"What's wrong Bell?" I ask her, but she only shakes head, putting on a smile. 

"Nothing you need to worry about Kass." I frown, but nod as I continue to fill up my closet. 

"So, how's school going?"

"Good, I met some friends, and there's this really nice girl, Angela Weber." I nod along as I put my suitcase underneath my bed. I wonder how the other friends are...and if she has met Jessica Stanley. I don't like her, she just likes to gossip. 

"How are things over with Mom?" Bella asks, and I sit down next to her. I sigh as I remember the hectic week. 

"It was hectic, but good overall," I reply, smiling. 

Bella and I talk for a little while more before she goes downstairs and into the kitchen to make some dinner. I wonder what she will make. Hopefully she'll make some steak and potatoes. It's my most favorite of her dishes that she would make back home in Phoenix. 

"Dinner's ready, Kass, Dad!" I rush down the stairs, and a smile makes its way onto my face as I smell steak and potatoes. 

"Mmm, smells good Belle," I say, and I sit down as she sets a plate in front of me. 

"I hope it tastes good," she replies as she sets a plate on dad's side of the small, round dinner table. 

"Trust me, Belle, it does as always," I say after taking a bite. It does taste good, though, and I eat slow, to savor the flavor more. 

Dinner is pretty much silent, but Bella tries to make some conversation here and there. She mostly talks about how school is going, and I catch her expression as she talks about the "Cullens." I've never heard the name, so I ask her about them. Wouldn't I have seen them when I came over here before?

"Doctor Cullen and his wife adopted five kids, and they moved from Alaska two years ago. They mostly keep to themselves, though. There's Edward Cullen, Emmett Cullen, Jasper and Rosalie Hale, the twins, and Alice Cullen. They're different than us, and they sit alone with each other at lunch," she explains, and I don't miss how she winces when she mentions Edward.

The rest of dinner goes by quickly, and soon it's time for us to go to bed. Bella and I tell Charlie goodnight, and then go off to our rooms. I get my pajamas on and climb into my comfortable bed. I sigh as I think about what tomorrow will bring. 

As soon as my head hits the pillow, I fall asleep, and dream of things I don't quite understand, but I know have to do with living here in Forks. 

***********************************************************************************************

A/N: Hey guys, it's Andi here. I hope the chapter is good and I won't update too often, but I will update as much as I can for this story. 

Feel free to comment on anything and let me know if you have any questions! 

Until next time!