Why?

A/N: Before I continue the part and story, I would like to say that I made a mistake. I want to say that Kaszandra has gym when Bella has Spanish, so that Kassie has a class with Emmett. I am sorry for the mistake, and I just wanted to clear this up for everyone. 

Also, Kassie's scent is way more powerful than Bella's in this story, which is why Edward Cullen is giving her weird looks. Just wanted to let you all know about this as well.

Thank you, for the votes and reads as well as the comments! I truly appreciate it, and I hope that you enjoy this new chapter!

-Andi

****************Kassie's POV****************

It doesn't take long for Bio to finish, and I am just as stunned as Bella is by how quickly Edward left, and the fact that he talked to her. I shake my head from my thoughts, and walk up to my older twin sister.

"Hey, Bells, I'll see you after school," I tell her, and she composes her surprised and shocked expression to a small smile. 

"Alright, Kass, see you," she says, and I wave, then make my way over to Spanish, making sure I have the right building before stepping in. 

My eyes widen slightly when I see that none other than Emmett Cullen in this class. And not only  him, but Edward is here too. I shake my head from my thoughts, and make my way over to Ms. Goff's desk.

"Hola, me llamo Kaszandra, pero prefiero Kassie." Mrs. Goff nods, and then signs the slip of paper, then points me to an empty seat. Next to the one and only Emmett Cullen, and in front of Edward Cullen. I sigh silently, and then walk over to my seat. Immediately, as I sit down, Emmett stiffens and leans away from me, acting as if he smells something bad. Out of the corner of my eye, I see his muscles pop out from underneath his skin, the tendons sticking out more profusely than before. What could possibly make him act like this around me?

Maybe he is still upset about earlier? But that can't be right, can it? I sigh as I take out my notebook for this class as I take notes, trying to focus on what Ms. Goff is saying. On what she is teaching. But I can't, because I am too focused on how Emmett Cullen is stiff beside me, acting so weird, and I can't help but regret moving here. 

Spanish drags on, and my dark brown hair covers my left shoulder so that he can't see my confused and frustrated expression. Why would he act like this when I have done nothing to him? And earlier this morning was an accident, not intentional at all. 

Emmett never relaxes his position, and he stays tensed throughout the whole period, which makes me more tense and uncomfortable by the minute. I make the mistake of glancing at him, but then see that he's already looking at me, glaring, no, not just glaring, but glaring coldly, and I can't help but flinch slightly. But I still hold my ground, staring him down as I narrow my eyes. His eyes widen with surprise as I do, and then he turns around, muttering something under his breath. I don't catch what he is saying, but before I can even begin to try to decipher what he said, the bell has already rung and Emmett has jumped out of his seat, and gracefully gets out of the classroom. I stare after him, amazed, and soon I break out of it, standing up and gathering my things. 

When I turn to leave, I hear Edward's musical voice talking to me. "Don't worry about him, he's not used to meeting new people." But when I turn around to face him, I narrow my eyes.

"What?" I ask, and then he only shrugs, then stiffens as he takes a deep breath. That's it. "Wow, thanks, I can already see that you and Emmett think that I smell bad."

"No, Kassie, it's not-" I stop him there before he can continue. 

"You may not tell me directly, but I can already tell. Though you can stop with the dirty looks, Edward Cullen, and if you so much as hurt my sister, or do anything to her, you will have to get through me first. You don't even touch her, you hear me?" Before he can respond, I walk out of the class and out into the cool, misty air of the afternoon, and walk towards the office. But before I can step inside, I almost turn around and go to my sister's truck, back home. 

I take a deep breath, and then walk inside, the bell above the door ringing as I step inside, announcing my arrival. Great, now the bell is here to annoy me, too. 

Emmett Cullen, yes the one and only, is standing in front of Ms. Cope's desk talking to her in a hushed, low tone, and I get the gist of the argument quickly. 

He's trying to switch out of seventh hour Spanish to another time, but the secretary isn't allowing him to. Well, that isn't going to end well. Just then, the door opens, and in steps my sister, looking confused, and when she does, the air comes in and blows into my hair, making it get into my face. Frustrated, I push it away, and then I see that Emmett stiffens, then turns to glare at me. His dark eyes meet mine, and I flinch involuntarily, like I did in Spanish, and yet I stare him down again, but once the glare gets colder, I back away. Before he can keep glaring at him, though, my twin comes to stand in front of me, hiding me effectively with her average height, seeing as I'm barely five feet tall. Emmett's eyes widen with surprise slightly, and then he turns back to Ms. Cope.

"Well, I can see that it's not going to work. Thank you so much for your help." He starts for the door, but Bella grabs a fistful of his shirt, and he turns to her, surprised. 

"Do you have a problem with Kassie? If you do, please say it right now and save yourself some time." Before he can respond to her, she speaks up again, this time her voice more cold and stern. "And if you so much as try to hurt her or touch her, I will do something." I tug on Bella's jacket sleeve, trying to get her to stop, or he might hurt her, but she only shrugs me off. She takes the slip full of my teachers' signatures, and then puts it into the basket at the front desk. Then, without another word, she pulls me out into the cold, misty air of the afternoon, the dark clouds looming over us, seeming to copy my mood. I am frustrated, confused, and upset. Why, Emmett Cullen, why must you be so mean when I have done nothing to you?

I shake the thoughts away as Bella and I reach her truck, and from the corner of my eye, I see that Edward Cullen is watching us, but more specifically looking at me. Something about his expression tells me he heard what happened in the office, and he seems to give me a sympathetic look, though I don't want it. I don't want his sympathy, or his pity. 

Bella looks over at me, almost like she wants to say something, but I only buckle in and say, "Let's go."

"Kass-" She begins, but I only hold my hand up to interrupt her. 

"I don't want to talk about what happened. I just want to get home and focus on my homework." She nods, though in her eyes I can see that she still wants to talk. But, thankfully, she doesn't press the situation any further, and backs out of the parking lot, heading onto the highway and back home, leaving me to my thoughts. 

Why did Edward seem like he wasn't on Emmett's side of everything? He looked like he wanted to apologize, but I didn't let him. I can't help but wonder why he gives me the sympathetic and pity look, but I shake my head free from those thoughts. Emmett is his brother, and whatever he chooses, Edward will follow. 

But I can't help but think that this is just the beginning, and I shudder as I think about what could happen after this. Where my life will head.