Confused

"Kass! It's time to wake up!" I hear Bella call out from the other side of the door. I groan and get out of my oh-so-comfy-bed, and walk to the door to open it. When I do, she sighs as she shakes her head.

"Didn't you set your alarm?" She questions, in a disappointed tone. I shake my head and sigh.

"Sorry," I mutter. She chuckles lightly and smiles. 

"It's fine, Kass, just hurry up and get ready. We're leaving in fifteen minutes." I nod and close the door after she leaves. I hurry up and get dressed,  then walk out of the bathroom to pull my hair into a high ponytail. I grab my sweater and bookbag from my room, then back to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I don't have enough time to eat breakfast today. Thanks to forgetting to set my alarm for school. 

When I arrive downstairs, Bella has her keys ready and she smiles as I reach the front door. "Ready, sleepy-head?" She asks, laughing. I stick my tongue out at her and roll my eyes. 

"Ok, Klutzy Belle, let's get going." We both laugh at that and get outside, and we walk towards her truck. Today she's driving me, but starting tomorrow, I'll be driving myself to school. 

She starts the engine as soon as we get inside and buckle up. "Ready, Kassie?"

I nod and she backs out of the driveway. "Ready as I'll ever be."

***********************************************************************************************When we get to the school, I get out and say "goodbye" to Bella, and head towards the front office building to get my schedule. 

The lady at the front desk notices me and she smiles warmly as I walk up to the desk. 

"Hello, may I help you?" She asks kindly, and I smile back as I tell her:

"Yes, my name is Kaszandra Swan, and I was wondering if I could please get my schedule?" She nods and gets some papers ready for me, then hands them over. I look over them as she gives me the best route to my classes and tells me I need to get a slip signed by all of my teachers. 

"Have a good first day, Kaszandra!" I smile and wave, saying "thank you" and walk out of the office. But when I do, I bump into something rock solid. I jump back and look up and see that I bumped into someone, not something

He is very handsome, has pale skin, golden eyes that makes me loose myself in them. I blink twice. The muscles are bulky and large, which kind of intimidate me. Instinctively, I shrink back and smile tentatively. 

"Sorry about that," I say as he continues to look at me with a weird expression on his face. He smiles slightly, almost tense, and shakes his head.

"Fault was mine." He continues to look at me, and I clear my throat, uncomfortable and self-conscious. 

I leave and walk towards my first hour, which is English. When I walk in, I see Bella is in my class, already seated and talking to someone with dark hair and acne. She waves as I walk in, and I smile and wave back. 

"You must be Kaszandra Swan," the teacher says when he looks up. I nod and he signs my slip and points me to a seat beside my sister, and I walk over to my seat as everyone stares. They are still looking at me as I sit down at my seat. The teacher redirects the class to the front of the classroom, and they reluctantly look back to the front, though a few still look. 

"Are you Kaszandra Swan?" The boy that Bella was talking to asks me, and I nod.

"Kassie, I prefer Kassie. What's your name?" He smiles a more welcoming and overly helpful type of smile. 

"It's nice to meet you, Kassie, I'm Eric."

"It's nice to meet you, too, Eric."

***********************************************************************************************The rest of the morning goes by quickly, and with the same procedures with the rest of my early classes. Only my Government teacher makes me introduce myself to the class, which isn't too hard, thankfully, and I don't end up stuttering on my words. And a good thing is that Bella is in all of my classes so far.

Soon, I'm walking with Jessica, one of my sister's friends, and Bella to lunch, with a boy named Mike Newton walking behind us, chatting with Bella with a look I recognize. A look that tells me he has a crush on her. But she seems more annoyed with him, but still nods and listens to what he has to say. Apparently, he's been planning a trip to La Push in a couple weeks, if the weather is nice enough. And based on what the weather says, it is supposed to be nice.

When I walk to the table that we're going to sit at, I notice a table full of pale, gold-eyed people, and two of them are looking at me. The one I bumped into earlier, and one with bronze colored hair. I only smile tentatively and sit down with Bella. We wait for the rest and talk a little as she introduces me to her other friends. Jessica, Mike, and Angela are the ones who seem to enjoy my company the most, though I don't think I'd like to become friends with Jessica. I don't want any drama or gossip, so I'll stick to staying friends with Angela and whoever else I meet. 

As I look back at the table with the pale people, I notice that the bulky one keeps looking at me, making me flush red in embarrassment. Maybe he's still upset about earlier? Could be.

I look away, and that's when I remember what Bella told me last night during dinner. She said that there were peculiar people, five to be specific, and that they were very pale and only kept to themselves. She even said their names, though I don't know who is who. 

They must be the Cullens, I think to myself. 

"Those are the Cullens," Bella confirms my thoughts as she looks over at the table of the pale people. 

***********************************************************************************************