Her Scent

Emmett (3rd Person POV)

Emmett and the rest of his family walk into the cafeteria together, and meanwhile he thinks about the girl he bumped into on the way to his first hour class. He holds in an unnecessary breath as he thinks about her scent. It was too much, and it was all he could do to not take the girl elsewhere and drain the blood from her body. She smelled to him like the ocean, lemons, freesia, and something else that was entirely her own. Her scent had been stifling, and he shakes his head as he sits down next to Rosalie, his mate at the moment. 

A moment passes, and then he gets a whiff of a scent, a scent way too powerful, and his body goes rigid. 

"You should go home, Em," Edward whispers as he tries to not listen to his thoughts. Unsuccessfully. 

"No, I'll handle it," Emmett responds to his brother, covering his nose and not breathing still. Edward frowns, and Rosalie tenses along with Emmett. 

They watch as Jessica Stanley and Bella Swan, as well as their little group, walk in with a girl they haven't seen before. And then they realize that it must be Bella Swan's twin that moved to Forks the day before. 

"Is that-?"

"Kaszandra Swan," Edward responds, as his brows furrow, concentrating on the new girl. His eyes widen, and then he looks at Bella Swan, then back to her. 

"Edward, what's going on?" Alice asks in concern for her brother, a frown pulling her mouth down. 

"I can't read her mind either," he responds, frustrated, yet again. He had been hoping to be able to read Bella's mind, but was unable to. And now he hopes that he can get something from Kaszandra's mind, but he still gets nothing. 

As Kaszandra sits down, she looks at the Cullen table and meets the eyes of Emmett. She frowns, and then turns back around to her group, talking to Bella and Angela Weber. Emmett can't seem to take his eyes off of her, and Rose nudges him. 

"Emmett, stop looking at the girl!" She hisses, and he immediately turns back to his table, ignoring the new girl now. He doesn't want to do anything he'll regret, or put his family in danger. 

What he doesn't know is that Kaszandra is confused as to why he glares at her, but she shakes it off anyway. She doesn't want any drama. None at all. 

***********************************************************************************************Kaszandra's POV

After lunch, Bella, Angela, Mike and I walk towards our class. Meanwhile, Mike keeps trying to flirt with Bella and I, but I shoot him a glare before he can do anything, and he drops his head and doesn't say anything else. 

When we walk in, I walk up to the teacher, or Mr. Banner, and he looks up at the sound of my approach. 

"Hello, what can I do for you?"

"I'm Kaszandra, or Kassie Swan," I tell him. 

His eyes light up in recognition and he smiles slightly. 

I hand him the slip of paper for him to sign, and he signs it, then points me to a seat that is behind Bella's, and next to Angela. I wonder what happened to her previous partner. 

When I sit down I see one of the Cullens enter the room, and his eyes meet mine for a second, and he furrows his brows, almost as if in concentration. For what I don't know.  Then I recognize him as Edward Cullen, the one that seemed to be staring at my sister earlier today. Creepy. I shudder and then he looks away, then turns to Bella. 

"Hello," he says in a musical voice, almost like music, soft and quiet, yet it rings with curiosity, and I wonder why. My sister looks up, shocked and surprised, probably because he is talking to her. I sigh as I remember Emmett Cullen looking at me with that cold glare earlier and at lunch. Why, though, I don't even know. But something inside of me is upset that he looks at me like that, though I haven't even spoken to him, much less know him at all.