Chapter 1

"Mi reina," a voice whispered to me.

"Who's there?" I murmured

"Lobita, mi amor, come with me. Come find me."

"Who are you? Where are you?"

"Come with me, my love." the voice was fading.

"Where? Wait- don't leave!" I cried

"Come...." the voice echoed. " Come..."

I snapped out of my dream, almost falling out of my bed. The sheets were wrapped around my legs restricting my movement.

"Cynthia! Wake up!" a voice called me. "You better be getting ready! You know the Night Star pack is coming today!"

I sighed and lay unmoving in bed. Night Star... what is that name so familiar? I wrack my brain for the answer, then it hit me. Today was Tanya shifting day, how could I have forgotten! I jumped out of bed eager to get ready to meet the pack Tanya would living with if she wanted to. Rumor had it that Night Stars Alphas son will also be shifting today, which is what everyone is making such a big fuss about it.

Let me explain. My family and I are werewolves. Not the ugly ones that some time show up in like "Wolfman" or "Harry Potter", but the ones like Jacob from "Twilight" if you want a visualize it. Anyways, the movies and books don't portray werewolves accurately enough for me. Yes, we have Alphas and Betas, and yes, the children are usually the ones to inherit the title, but things are a little more complicated than that. For example, since most of us go to humans school, (though there is a private all werewolf high school if you want), education is given to us willingly, meaning the eldest son or daughter of the Alpha and Beta have the option whether not to continue their education in college, meaning they would reject the title and go off to the "real world". However, if they do reject the title, that means that the alphas youngest son or daughter has no choice but to accept the title once they come of age. Also finding mates is not as easy as it looks. There are about 50 packs in the world and each consists of about 25 to 40 wolves (small I know but we make do). Being that the packs are relatively small and spread out and the fact that your mate could be in any one of those packs... well you see the difficulty. Which means that we usually settle for Alphas in nearby territories, even though the mate bond is still there. However, the problem is that if you're not true mates with someone, your chances of having offspring are minimized but it can still happen. So as things go, if an alpha does inherit Alpha title and wants to have a legitimate heir with a mate, they go on a journey to find their mate. My dad took a six month journey to find my mom in Spain so they could have me, my older sister Tanya, and my younger brother Kasei (pronounced Casey). Also our folklore states that black and white wolves will always be Alpha or Betas but the color reflects their personality (black is bad, white is good but obviously there are some exceptions). For example, my dad was a black wolf signaling his status as alpha of our pack, but he isn't necessarily branded as being bad, he's just strict. Added to this, every alpha of everybody in the world is a descendent (a very removed one) from the original Alpha King. And when the Alpha King believes that the wolf that is meant to take his place is born (the wolf not the human) he will call all Alphas together and choose his heir. Other than these things everything is pretty much the same. Super strength, super speed, just downright badass, that's all us.

Anyway, today is Tanya's shifting day. I'm excited and nervous. Tanya is my older sister and I love her but not in the "Omg she's my BFF" kind of way. We stand up for each other and have gotten through a lot of s*** together but we love teasing each other. Tanya finally turning 18 so she gets to shift and decide whether or not to inherent Alpha title. (Our dad's alpha by the way, did I mention that?). And I, as a younger sister, get a present when she does... or well everybody does. Being an Alphas daughter means you get to shift publicly. Sarcastic yay!

"Cynthia! Do not make me come in there and help you get dressed! Te voy a partir tu madre si no te apuras!"

Ah that would be my mom. She usually speak English in the house, since my dad never learned Spanish, but when she gets irritated... it just kinda comes out.

"Ya voy ama! You can't rush perfection!" I yell back.

I quickly pop into the shower to be fresh before the ceremony. I towel dry my hair and put on a dress with long black sheer sleeves that I've been saving for today. Its short, coming to mid thigh, but not too short cuz my mom would have a heart attack. I braid my hair in a sideways French braid, but I take out strands to curl. I apply a light layer foundation and go with neutral eyeshadow and black mascara and eyeliner once I'm done I look at myself in the mirror. The dress shows off my figure, and makes my light brown legs look longer than they are. My braid is perfect, ending just underneath my boob, my curls for my face and my makeup give me a flawless look.

" Cynthia!" my mom yells again.

"Coming mom!"

I step into my nude heels that are waiting by the door and trotted downstairs. I walk into the kitchen where I can hear my mom making breakfast, and as always my breath is caught in my throat when I see my mom. Don't take it the wrong way, I don't like my mom "like that", but I do appreciate it when women dress up and look pretty and my mom is more than that. She's stunning. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Amazing. A real MILF, as my friends at school like to say. She's wearing a one strap form-fitting red dress which contrasts beautifully with black hair, her blue eyes are set off by her makeup, and the dress hugs her curves. Like I said my moms beautiful. Sometimes I can't even believe she's my mom. While she has black hair, blue eyes, a curvy body, and light fair skin, I have green eyes, I'm a little less curvy (though I still have a nice figure), and light brown skin. The only thing I got from my mom was jet black hair that falls in waves.

"Finally Cynthia!" she says without turning to look at me.

"You look great mom.." I say.

" I know." she replies.

That's my mom for you. She's very impersonal towards me and my little brother but seems to adore Tanya. She finally turns to look at me and grunts in approval at my outfit.

Like I said... impersonal.

"So what's for breakfast?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"Nothing for you anymore. It's too late. Go help your father."

I sigh, it's nothing new to me. Just as I am about to leave, Tanya flounces into the room Kasei right behind her. It's like seeing my mom all over again. Tanya is wearing a skin tight black blouse with a short red skirt (traditional shifting colors). Her blue eyes twinkle in excitement and a blush is visible on her pale skin. Her straight brown hair is waved today falling to her waist. My mom turns when she enters and gasps, tears coming to her eyes.

"Ay mija!" she says. "You look so beautiful! Just like me!" she hugs Tanya tightly then turns to judge my brother. "Kasei! Stand up straight like a man! Tuck in your shirt! Get your hands out of your pockets!" she snapped. "And go with Cynthia to help your father! Everything needs to be perfect for Tanya's big day!"

°

°

°

Hey puppies! Haha

How are you all? So this is my new story! Hope you like it! um yea so if you have any questions or anything message me!

Comment, Vote, Follow... your ideas and comments will be very helpful! Hopefully I'll be able to update the story often!

I love you

~AngelOfTheStorm