Chapter 7

Once I was back in my seat, my dad faced the front of the crowd and let out a long, beautiful howl, commanding the attention of everyone that was gathered. The crowd looked up in unison, focusing their attention on my dads powerful presence.

"Ladies and GentleWolves, thank you for your attention!" he said, his voice booming across the open field. "I would like to extend a warm welcome from the Winter Breeze pack to our Night Star brothers. I would also like to express both Alpha Abhay and my own gratitude towards all of you that came to see the shifting of the heirs and future leaders of both packs, as well as to celebrate the 18th birthdays of Tanya, my oldest daughter and Alpha heir to Winter Breeze, and Ciro, Abhay's son and Alpha heir to Night Star." He paused, letting the howls from those gathered below slowly die. "Please continue eating adn enjoying each others company. The main Shifting Ceremony will begin shortly."

He smiled and waved to everybody, making sure to make eye contact with some of Night Stars wolves to let them know that he acknowledged their presence. As soon as I noticed that he was on his way back to his seat, I stood up and wandered over to the Alphas table. Noticing that my moms seat was still empty, I decided to take her spot until she got back.

"Hey dad!" I said smiling at him and taking my moms seat. "Good evening Alpha Abhay, Alpha Acantha." I continued, nodding and smiling at each one in turn.

"Hey, Sin! Long time no see! How is Alpha training going for you?" Acantha said, trying to make small talk.

Before I could reply, Alpha Abhay cut in. "She doesn't have Alpha training anymore dearest. Remember, Tanya will be taking Alpha title so the highest title this little girl could go for is Lead Assassin for her sister." he sneered.

"Abhay, don't be so rude!" Acantha cried, an apologetic look on her face.

"Yes Abhay, there is no need for such talk. We are here to celebrate a Shifting, not worry about pack status. Besides, the Alpha Blood is strong in my daughter, and you know wolves like that will go crazy if they don't lead. So I was actually thinking I would giver her a piece of my territory when she turns 18 so that she can start her own pack." my father mused, munching on the pork bun I had given him earlier. "So I guess I will have to continue her Alpha training."

Alpha Abhay glared at my dad but he pretended not to notice. Besides, there was no need to ruin such a grand occasion with a fight. I smiled politely and replied to Acantha's question, trying to diffuse the tension that had suddenly appeared in the air. We chatted lightly for a few minutes, catching up on what had happened since we had last seen each other. Suddenly, Kasei popped into my head.

Hey, Sin. I know you're having fun with the big bad wolves over there, but I just saw mom on her way up and trust me, she does NOT look happy. Someone must've told her you took her spot at the table. I think you should get your butt back over here, before she manages to come up here and bites your head off.

I looked over in his direction and nodded, thanking him silently for the warning. I stood up quickly, excusing myself from the Alphas presence, trying to find a reasonable excuse for my sudden departure. I bent down to hug my dad before I left.

"What's wrong?" he whispered. "You look scared."

"The she-monster is coming." I whispered.

My dad let out a low growl. "Look Sin, I know you two aren't on the best of terms but you need to respect her! She is your mom though apparently neither of you want to accept it. Stop being so childish."

He leaned back and looked at me sternly. I knew he wasn't mad at me, he was just irritated that I had called my mom a "she-monster". I sighed and looked down.