XIII

So Prince Charming he was. Marlowe could hardly take his eyes off True at the University's Halloween dance. His blonde hair was styled properly and he wore a small crown on top of it, pinned in discretely.

His outfit- a stark white suit with double breasted gold buttons and navy blue accents- fit him like second skin. Marlowe smirked secretly to himself and fixed his own white shirt, ensuring it was still tucked neatly into his red belted navy pants.

True ran his palm carefully over the front of his jacket, illuminated by the sporadic party lights and somewhat difficult to decipher in the shadows.

But Marlowe had memorized True enough that the lack of lighting did nothing to dilute the effect he had on Marlowe.

"..a drink?" True called over the aggressive beat of the music. They'd been there a solid 2 hours, dancing and getting tipsy. Maybe that had something to do with the fuzziness that surrounded True and everything else.

Lowe shook his head, instead grabbing his boyfriends hand and nodding to their friends who were dancing drunkenly nearby to let them know they were leaving.

Outside, the air bit at their exposed skin, making goosebumps rise on Marlowe's bare forearms. Marlowe rubbed the pad of his thumb over the admission stamp on the back of True's left hand.

"God, we're so wasted," True laughed, the sound light and careless. Lowe chuckled and tangled his fingers with True's.

"We're like, really adults now, huh? Like, with super big responsibilities and choices," he was rambling, his breath coming out in front of him, visible in the air. Marlowe focused on listening, letting his familiar voice lull him.

"If I could make any decision right now, it'd be the biggest one like, ever." True continued. Marlowe had known True Alcove forever, long enough to know that when inebriated in any way, he spoke his mind freely without filter.

This seemed to be one of those times.

"Yeah, and what would the decision be?" Lowe was drunk, but not True drunk. True was barely walking straight- barely walking period. Marlowe simply felt as though he were lighter. The world had taken a wonderful blur to it- the only sharpened aspect being the blonde headed drunkard next to him.

"I'd marry you." Lowe choked on those words, as if they'd shot out of True's mouth and wrapped around Lowe's throat. Suddenly, everything was bright and edgy, nothing felt soft and luscious anymore, but vibrant and exhilarating.

And while Marlowe was still trying to make his foggy mind process the serious words, True broke out into a fit of sloshed giggles, tugging the upper sleeves of his boyfriends shirt until their lips clashed none too gently and the cold didn't seem to matter much anymore.

Jack-o-lanterns lit up the campus and the threat of rain was prominent in the air. Both of their lips were nearly blue and their teeth chattered against one another's.

If I could make any decision right now, Marlowe thought, toying with the small crown atop True's head as his other half swatted his hand playfully, snorting through his laughter, it'd be to marry you first.