CHAPTER 5

Alissa

The drive to the Pier was silent a heavy atmosphere hung above the both of us. I looked over and saw Jake with this tense expression almost trying to shield something. The kind of expression you make when you want to act tough but are shaking in your boots. He looked straight ahead sitting upright his hand gripped the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were white. I gave him a worried glance in which he returned, but I turned away to not notice.

Once we got out of the car I breathed one heavy sigh, it felt like the suffocating air had let me go. I immediately looked for the twins so we could set out for the games, since it was their favorite part.

"What would you guys like to do?" I asked.

"Games!" They responded eagerly.

I turned to Kaden. "And you young man, what do you want to do?" Kaden stood scratching the back of his head. "Games too I guess, I'll take the twins. Could you bring us- I mean me some candy." Giving the twins candy right now would be like pouring fuel into a fire. "Sure thing." My attention was brought back to the boys, but only for a split second before I went to a stand that had been selling cotton candy. Naturally they followed not wanting to stand on the side.

"One cotton candy please."

"Sure, but what about your friends there." The man at the stand gestured to them Devon pitched in making and exaggerated sad face.

"Four I guess..." I muttered.

Once he handed us the cotton candy I paid then walking through the crowd with them tailing me. "Y'know you don't have to follow me right?" Stopping dead in my tracks I swiftly turned to them with an annoyed glare. "Well, we came out here for you and not the fair so we will be fulfilling our want by inevitably following you." Jake explained, the man knows how to sound smart sometimes...but then again he is a player...a notorious one at that. Slept with the principal's daughter even. That was wild was a joke he never let go off.

"Okay, okay...just don't look so obvious, it's creepy." Jake smirked once more. "With all that's happening in the back, I don't know how I won't make it obvious." He laughed giving Devon and Myles a dap.

"Ugh..." That was all I could mutter then rushed myself out of there, they just beat up some dudes earlier I'm not ready to be messing with that. Walking around I could hear faint voices saying my name here and there but never close. I approached the twins and Kayden, he had been playing to win a prize for then while they held a myriad of plushies. "Kenya, Jamal... isn't that enough toys for one night? How are we gonna take those all home?" They whined and huffed as if they would have a hissy fit there and then. "Uhm...how about we give them to the boys. You know Jake, Devon, Myles? They would love it if you gave them one." The twins looked at each other either pondering whether or not they should give it away or just having another no context staring contest.

"Will Ali give them?" I shrugged. Something less for me to carry home so why not.

"For sure." They passed me a few plushies that they "got tired of" and told me to "scram" I walked around aimlessly again finding myself I'm the line for the ferris wheel which was fine by me. This place was so beautiful at night I couldn't pass up the chance.

"Finally found you beautiful." A whisper grazed my ear making me jump.

"Holy sh- Devon!" My expression changed between scared and annoyed within seconds.

"That's my name don't wear it out." He chuckled.

"Ha ha ha, laugh it up but you would be scared if I came up to you and started whispering in your ear like it was some weird ASMR video." He only laughed harder.

"Actually if you whispered it my ear..." His laughter died down as he came closer to my ear once more. "I would be pretty turned on..." His voice sounded ten times deeper. It was smooth and rich but very seductive.

My face heated up my heart pounding. "I— pervert!" He laughed again. "You're so cute." He ruffled my hair.

Right before I could protest a voice saying "Next." Interrupted. They had gestured for me to go in and Devon followed. "What in the world are you doing." We were already seated and moving so I couldn't chase him out.

"Now where were we..." His smile went from friendly to what I can only explain as sly. "I was just waiting to get off." My words caused him to chuckle but it was very low, like the voice I had heard earlier. He got off his side of the ferris wheel taking not even a step before landing right next to me. "S- so...the view amirite." I laughed nervously looking away from his eyes. Those brown pools that look way to seductive right now.

One hand slammed above me making me flinch. "Hmm, the badass princess is nervous now?" The other hand came up grazing my cheek. "I- I am not...nervous, I'm just alert." I tried sounding confident but ended up failing. "Then why are you so shaky." He brought up my hand smiling then placed it close to his lips eventually kissing it. I snatched my hand away glaring at him.

"Sorry for the inconvenience but the ferris wheel is having minor issues, we will get it up and running soon." A loud voice spoke words that I dread to hear.

"The world's just working in my favour huh." Devon chuckled to himself slamming another hand on the wall of the ferris wheel caging me in. "W- what are you doing?" I tried looking everywhere but his eyes but that did not help in the slightest. "I'm just enjoying the view." He smirked.

"What do you mean?" I sounded genuinely confused because I know he wasn't looking out the window.

"Don't worry your...pretty... little...head." His voice came out in breathy whispers as his head slowly got closer to mine almost inches apart and.

A/N
I had to have one illegal cliff hanger. But anyways. Please stop here.