CHAPTER 13

Alissa

Messages were coming in by the dozen, all saying different things but all pointing back to the same thing... what the hell was I doing there with Myles...

Frustration would be an understatement, pure devastation is what I felt. I crouched to the floor exhausted, tears pooling in my eyes. Part of me wanted to run into that theatre and show him the mess he'd made of my life, but I just wanted to go home and lock myself in my room, if I did that then Kayden would question me for hours.

The tears that threatened to fall gave way and started falling, I probably looked pathetic crying in that cinema, I couldn't take much more of today and left sitting outside the theatre. The moment I got out there, the frustration gave way, and I stomped to the mall bathroom got in a stall and slammed the door. My hands went to my head clawings at the sides of my head. Sobs were the only things that could escape my lips.

Placing a hand over my mouth I held back the sobs so the incoming shoppers weren't alerted, but I'm guessing that I failed because a knock suddenly was at the stall door making me freeze mid-breakdown.

"Hey, deary are you alright in there?" I couldn't recognize the voice, the voice sounded like it belonged to an elderly lady, and it sounded so soft and peaceful.

Sniffling I let out a weak "Yeah..." which she obviously didn't believe.

"Tell me what happened sweetheart." The lady cooed. With that, I let it all go, this is the first time since I met those boys that I'm finally talking about how much this has affected me.

*

After my makeshift confession, she let out a sigh, "my goodness deary... you're having quite the high school life that is for sure!" She laughed. "Could you come out here for me, love?" She said calmly. I stood up unlocked the door and was met with a woman who looked somewhere in her late 80s, gray coily short hair adorned her head and her dark skin was wrinkled showing a sign of her time, she smiled making her eyes crinkle even more.

She brought a hand up to my face, her bracelets all over her arms rattled. "You my dear are beautiful, no wonder these boy troubles are following you all over the place." She chuckled a chuckle that brought out a smile from my tear-streaked features. I so badly wanted to fall into her arms for a hug but then again I'd barely known this lady for 30 minutes. All I could do was squeak in the presence of this woman, she had such a comforting aura making my frustration melt away bit by bit.

"Why don't we take this conversation out of the bathroom deary, let me get you some tea alright? Maybe some cake? I been cravin' some from the bakery here." She wrapped an arm in mine guiding me out, all I could do was laugh at how she had barely said anything but even when she was not on topic it still granted me peace of mind, the peace I'd been searching for this whole time. It's like she was sent from heaven.

We walked out to the bakery with an overhead sign saying Le Boudoir, I sent a quick glance back to the movie theatre to only now see Myles getting out, his head on a swivel, I quickly turned back embracing the lady's arm tighter. She was my last shred of security. I couldn't let this go, not for a boy, not for anything.

My phone was already off when I started getting too many messages for me to handle so there was no way of him reaching me, not Myles, not anyone. A smile finally crept onto my lips, a smile of sweet relief.

She seated me telling me she'd be back with some tissues and something for me. I stared at the table, my thoughts were running a mile a minute. What happens when this is over? Will I get her number? What do I say when I go home?! Hell! What do I say when I go to school?! The picture of us was so easy to read wrong, not that anything is really being read wrong but still...