CHAPTER 10

Alissa

A cold dead smile played upon Daysha's lips. Her perfectly manicured fingers caressed my cheek causing a chill down my spine. 

"So? Does the little whore not tell her secrets?" She cackled to the other cheerleaders who followed along laughing...there really was nothing funny but I guess I just didn't get the joke. Scrunching my face I glared Daysha down. "Now what did I do to piss off the oh so gracious mega-bitch?" Almost like magic she silenced the team with a finger, it looked like something straight out of a movie. "So, I'm a mega-bitch?" A sinister smile pulled at her lips turning into maniacal laughter, the team joined in once more but was shushed by a loud. "SHUT UP!"

Grabbing my face fiercely she dug her claws into my cheek "So little bitch, I could fuck you up right now. Or you can take a hint and leave them alone." I usually had a tipping point, a line I drew in the sand but Daysha danced all over it like it had no effect on her. Well today she was going to realize I don't work like that.

"Little bitch this and little whore that. Can't you get it into your head? I didn't do a fucking thing! Rather than that it's you're loose behavior that got them to ha-" A slap echoed throughout the empty hall.

Daysha stood flustered having heard someone actually talk back to her.

The sting and slight taste of blood had me aggravated enough. Like clockwork I lifted my leg that they had carelessly forgotten to hold and kicked the shit out that bitch.

Daysha stumbled back clutching her stomach in pain, all the junkies came running to her aid leaving me my open window. Now or never. I booked it down the halls, my heart thumping in my ears, my adrenaline pumping. Rounding the corner to the side exit I looked back to see several cheerleaders running like rabid animals, I shoved my way passed the doors and onto the field finding the nearest bleacher I could hide under. Ducking in I watched inconspicuously as they searched around like predators looking for their prey.

"Hey..." I jumped back almost letting out a yelp. "Ah, did I scare you? Sorry you were just looking so frantic I..." Myles...it was none other than Myles...I'm going to get murdered in this school.

"It's nothing." I whispered firmly. He reclined sitting back to wherever he was in the shadows. "Well it looks like something, what's with the claw marks on your face?" My shoulders shook, anger building, they are the reason why I have to deal with all this yet they act as if it's none of their fault. "Well if you and your posse left me the fuck alone I wouldn't be having these claw marks!" Sending a glare his way I could only hope he got the memo.

I resumed my staring to see that the cheerleaders had cleared up and gone back to their queen bee. Slumping my shoulders I finally came down from my adrenaline rush feeling weak and pained, the feeling of helplessness quickly clouded my urge to fight or fly and I merely slumped to the ground. A tug pulled me away from my negative thoughts, he's still here. Myles tugs at my jean jacket to which I return a glance and look away, he then pulls me towards him. Where did all this excess strength come from?

"Hey, look at me really quick." I spare him a glance and feel the sting of rubbing alcohol on my face. "Ow, what gives?!" He doesn't speak only wiping my face with it then placing a bandaid on top. "You had a cut, I didn't want anything happening to it." He held up a mini first aid kit and a pack of..."Hello kitty bandaids?" He shoved them back in the bag his face turning a bright red. "It was the only one left okay!" I simply nodded finally feeling myself relaxing.

"So, what was that all about?" I sighed rerunning all the things that has just taken place. "Oh shit, you kicked her in the gut?!" He looked impressed yet dumbfounded. Giving me a measly round of applause I nodded in return. "If I go back in that school I'm either getting killed or suspended." I sigh deeply, today was turning into more of a fever dream. "Well then, let's not go back in." Was he crazy?! Before I could protest he grabbed my arm and we were making our way off grounds. "We're going to get into a world of trouble for this!" I pulled at his hand to let go. "I'll just say it was my fault, it's not like I'm not already in a world of trouble." He seriously was going to take the blame...

"Oh, by the way my car got taken away so we might have to walk for today. Don't worry though everything's on me okay?" I can't relate in the slightest but okay. "Sure..." Nodding I just let him lead the way. We walked a bit and got to the bus stop close to the school and in good time too because there was a bus just arriving. Getting on we sat way back. "So um.. I was just thinking when you were going to let go of my hand." I stared down at his huge hand wrapped around mine. He only just noticed quickly letting go. "I.. I'm sorry I didn't really know y'know?" I chuckled "It's fine, it's not the end of the world." He cracked a smile. Speaking of which. "I've never seen you smile, at least not in a good way." His brows furrowed. "What do you mean not in a good way?"

"Uh...well, sometimes I'd see you beating up a kid– I didn't tell though, it wasn't me. But you'd have a really...scary...smile." I shrunk in my seat under his gaze, he looked offended and I wasn't trying to get thrown off a bus, I know my competition and someone who could drag me around like a ragdoll with ease was not it. "Do you really think of me like that?" He scoffed. Dear God please save me here.

"No no no! It's nothing like that, I just don't see you having much.. normal fun y'know?" He looked like he was getting angry at this point. "I'm making it worse aren't I?" He nodded in response. "Well if it counts for anything, your smile just now was really nice." He said nothing and just looked away, I thought that was a compliment though. This was the first time I didn't even mean to be mean.

The bus ride felt like it went on forever. Where were we even going? Myles was still staring the other way, I'm not sure if it would be good to bug him still. But I just had to know though! Tugging a little at his sleeve. "Where are we going?" He looked back at me, for a moment I thought he was flustered but it might have been my imagination. "Well." He stuttered. "We're going to the mall, nothing shady." He waved off my uncertainty letting me relax even more. I placed in earbuds and stared out the window enjoying some tunes as if I wasn't on the verge of being a bloody mess a few minutes ago.

Trees and buildings passed by the window, all beginning to look the exact same. Or maybe I was just tired, I rested my head onto Myles' shoulder blinking slowly, I might've told him I would be borrowing his shoulder, but it must've come out as jumbled words as I yawned and dozed off.