CHAPTER 6

Devon

Our faces were mere inches apart if I moved just a little I would seal those lips with mine. Take the chance, think about it later. I would say my gut was right but damn those eyes, those scared-looking puppy dog eyes...

I pulled myself away sitting on the other end arms crossed. "Let's wait, I won't steal away your first kiss just yet." Chuckling I looked at her shocked demeanor changed to flustered. "Who said that was my first kiss!" She was nearly screaming at this point but I won't judge it.

"Well, prin-cess. Someone who has already had their first kiss wouldn't be screaming that they had their first kiss. You might be good at acting on stage but you have to do better with lying." In all honesty watching her get flustered was entertaining to say the least. Her cheeks would puff up turning a deeper shade, she'd try to look away but it was already too late since I had seen it all. I was close to getting the honour of first kiss from such a gorgeous girl but, she didn't look too ready. As much as she screamed about this first kiss stuff I had no plans of taking it without her permission, or at least by winning her heart first.

Gosh what nonsense am I spouting, I meet one smart girl and I start speaking like a poet. Winning hearts? That's not me, I shouldn't be entertaining the idea of a relationship, at least not with her. She's the kind of person who belongs with someone who rolls in her league...but I could become that someone who rolls in her league, I mean- it might be too late now but maybe not.

The plan started to come together in my mind that I had almost forgotten the reason for this plan had been sitting right next to me. "Hey, you okay?" She poked at me, swiftly retreating back to her corner, but not failing to bring me back to the moment we were in. "Oh- uh yeah, I was just thinking." I gazed at her humored expression, what was so funny that she looked as if she would burst laughing at any second now. I raised a brow in confusion "What's so funny?" The question was met with full out giggles of her trying not to be rude. "I don't know...it's, how do I put this? I didn't expect you to be the kind to ponder or...show any sort of... intelligence." Her words although joking still kind of hurt, and to further drive that stake into my heart she put air quotes around intelligence.

I faced forward like every man should do when he's gotten obliterated by a girl, and think of a better comeback. How do you beat someone who's as shy as a mouse but cunning as a fox whenever they pleased? The words I wanted to throw back at her couldn't form, rendering me speechless. I quickly dismissed her insulting claims and rolled my eyes. "So what, my brain isn't just sports and girls you know that?" She giggled once more, but not the cute innocent one, it was more...sly. "Oh really now? Well I hope to see more of this brain of yours."

As if to add salt in my wounds the ferris began working again before I could really stage my own attack. However, making her blush as a comeback isn't denying her suspicions of me being stupid so I'd rather keep to myself and let her have her mini victory.

I'd probably never say this other than now but, I was relieved to get away from Alissa, running towards the twins they reached up to be carried and I saw the guys in the corner of my eye glaring me down.

If only they knew.

"Come on guys, let's go do something fun." I held the twins in my arms bouncing them as I walked, I know Alissa was going to get interrogated by Jake, of course he would do that. As playful as he may act, he doesn't play when it comes down to the nitty gritty of things. Oh well, I expect to be questioned by Myles who by the looks of it already started approaching me. "What did you two do in there." I deeply sighed placing the two down. "What do you think we did in there?" Of course he didn't grasp humor when he was angry so it would be a good time to tell the whole story before I get a black eye.

"So, we went in and talked, funny enough she's kinda harsh when she wants to be." I playfully placed a hand on my chest faking a hurt expression. It seemed Myles still wasn't having any of it. "Cut the crap, I know you, so come clean already." To think me telling the truth would get me in worse trouble than I was already in. "If you don't believe me, go ask Alissa herself. I get insulted by her and now you? Geez, this night is doing a number on my ego."

Scratching the back of my head I was also starting get agitated. Thankfully the twins noticed it getting heated as well and tugged at my shirt to get attention. "Umm, are we still going to have fun?" I gave Myles a glare from hooded lids. "Well you've gotten your answer right? Now I'll get going." I picked up the kids once more and went to the stalls. "Hey..." I heard Myles call from behind me. I turned to him clearly not looking interested in what he had to say. "Why the change of heart?" What was that question meant to mean? Change of heart? "Huh?" By now I was fully turned towards him once again wanting to hear his question fully. "Why didn't you do anything to her? You had the chance to."

Oh, that's what he meant. "She's more feisty than we thought I guess." I shrugged finally making my way to the stalls.

-----
A/N

Bro I got classes and tests to do and I'm updating this- also picture of Devon above